Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

Diaper suspenders

Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:01 am

Hello all,

Often I am able to get by on three diapers a day (Abena Abri-form X-Plus with booster pad) if I do not go to the gym. However, I need more support when the diaper becomes heavy and sags - particularly toward the upper end of its absorbency.

Currently I use compression shorts but they probably will not be comfortable in warmer weather. I have ordered an adult onesie.

What about diaper suspenders? I understand that some are intended to attach to the diaper and others attach to the plastic pants or underwear.

Do they work? Are they worth the hassle?

Thanks,
--John

Re: Diaper suspenders

Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:06 am

Hi, JD. I've never used suspenders to keep a diaper up, though I know they exist. http://www.medicalsuspenders.com/plasti ... r-ups.html

I have had great luck with onesies, though, and would think that supporting a heavy diaper from underneath, where the weight is, would be more effective. I'm also concerned that the diaper's cover would rip. Looking at the fasteners, I just can't help but think they'd be pretty hard on a diaper.

Just my $.02. :)

-RMS

Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Titan415,

Thanks for the reply! I think you are correct about onesies being the better option. I am just hedging my bets at this stage.

I have been bowel incontinent, so I have basic diapering down, but only recently urinary incontinent. So, I still am in the learning and experimenting stage in that regard, particularly how far I can wear each type of diaper out of the house.

I have ordered a Kins onesie and, after verifying the fit, intend to order more T-shirts and a couple of polo shirts. I understand that Jenny will custom make the onesies as needed for a good fit.

UnderArmour compression shorts and pants do a good job of supporting a sagging diaper (as well as concealment), but are likely to be too warm when the summer heat hits us.

Best wishes,

--John

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:51 pm

I have tried almost every option out there and a snug fitting onesie in the best and most comfortable option out there.

Doug

Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Guys

Re onesies, do you have a preferred provider? XPMed, BabyKins, etc.?

--JD

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:31 pm

I have bought from Baby-pants.com. Don't let the name fool you. They do have some good stuff. And, it was the only place I could find that fit me since I'm a bigger guy. I have looked at and thought about the golf shirt onesie at Babykins but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 pm

I used the ones from the Baby Kins Adult line. I haven't tried Baby Pants products yet. I will look into them also.
Post a reply