www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:04 pm 
I wear the flannel cloth diapers from www.angelfluf.com
I find that they hold up for a long time and I dont have to worry about my bed getting wet at night.

Post subject: Cloth Diapers
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:16 pm 
I am currently using AngelFluff flannel diapers with velcro fasteners. When they are adjusted right, They will stay up all day. The Professional over pants are quiet and are good for leaks. I am still working on the mid day changing at work. Any advice?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:18 am 
I have posted in the past on the old forum and I like the new site. Nice job guys!

I've suffered with urinary incontinence my entire life due to a underdeveloped bladder. I am also a deep sleeper & have always wet the bed. It used to drive me nuts but I've learned to accept it. I'm in my mid 40's and I lost almost all control of my bladder a few years back and am learning to live with this unfortunate condition. There are times I can make it to the toilet in time, mostly I can't and end up going in the diaper. It's a losing battle but that's the breaks. I've pretty much stopped fighting it. Anyway, I'm in diapers 24/7 and use Depends refastenable underwear during the day.... they work but need improvement. Leg gathers would help along with better coverage & some type of odor control. I usually wear plastic pants for added protection & to help minimize the odor problem. I've seen that there are better disposable products out there from reading some of the posts on this excellent site! I need to look into these other brands.

All of that to say this! I'm currently using Depends Day/Night diapers overnight, which are not all that great. Leaks are a given and I'm a heavy wetter which doesn't help. I'm ready to switch to cloth for overnight & heard that gauze are the best for comfort & absorbency. Is this really true? I'm also thinking of using them during the day but not sure yet. I prefer the dryness that disposables offer. :D Also, does anyone make a gauze diaper with velcro fasteners. I've been on the Angel Fluff site & they have gauze but not with velcro. I really like the velcro concept as opposed to pins but would like to try guaze diapers as opposed to flannel or birdseye. I'd appreciate any help I can get here. Does anybody make a gauze diaper with velcro fasteners?

It's great to have this forum & nice to have support from others out there with incontinence problems.

Thanks for listening!
ian

Post subject: Gauze for comfort
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:10 am 

Hi Iam,
Thank you for the kind words about the new ISC. Schoppy deserves the lion's share of praise for his hard work in undertaking the venture and seeing it thru.

May I assume you checked out our Primer; that covers a lot of basics on cloth and the types.

IMO, gauze is the softest and most comfortable. I have diapers in every weave including birdseye, flannel, gauze and even hemp! If you absolutely refuse to pin, and want velcro, I'd suggest you go to Bear Bottom (see our links page) as she does custom work and I think some of her stock diapers are velcro.

Adult Cloth Diaper and Loving Comfort are others to contact for custom work such as a velcro diaper.

Now, back to your day time wear, I believe you will do well to check out XP Medical, they are in our links, of course. Look at the good pull ons such as Medline Protection Plus, Abena and Molicare. Any of them will absorb much better than the Depend pull on and I think you'll find better fit and comfort. My top choice is the Medline for fit and function but we're all different so you'll have to try for yourself.

Post subject: Cloth diapers for me
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:45 pm 
I have been incontinent for about 25 years due to an accident. At first it was only an occational bed wetting. As time progressed the wetting became a 24/7 deal. At first I used disposables. I had a problem with leaks, so I doubled them up. This worked for a while. I then went to AFDC and ordered their adult cloth diapers and several pair of plastic pants. Since then there has been no looking back. I wear double cloth diapers with plastic pants large enough to give the diapers room to move about. I have had very few problems with leaks since then. I have no bladder control what so ever. Wearing diapers let me function normally, and I would not dare go without them.

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:13 pm 

Hi I would like some information on cloth diapers types and brands. Thanks