Diapers, pads, or other types of protection?

Daytime and nighttime protection.
Post a reply

Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Maybe it's just a personal thing. I never use plastic panties with disposables. They just make me sweat more.

The diapers I wear on a daily basis are pretty thick... so it takes a lot to make them leak.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Hmmm I had wondered about that, Puddleguy. Perhaps I should use them only when out in public and not when alone in my own home, to give my skin a break. Guess I'll watch out for any skin irritation or anything like that when I use them. :?

I did see online some pairs of single and double thickness terry cloth underwear - they are not the thickness of a diaper, maybe they are intended for light incontinence or can be used with inserts too, I think. I wondered if another option might be wearing those over a diaper - I realise they aren't waterproof but they'd absorb more of a leak than normal underwear would.

Glad you have found a brand that doesn't leak. I'm gradually getting more of an idea too of which brands work best for me and which don't. :D

Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 pm

Good to hear Bernadette.. Having the right protection that works well really does make a difference on not only your ability to phyically manage.. but mentally as well.. case in point.. when i first started recieving diapers free via medicaid, i chose wings supreme because they were closest thing that J &B medical had to attends with wasitband, which at the time seemed like the ideal diaper. Absorbency was not bad, but the tapes were something else. they were HORRIBLE. I often used packing tape. I often waseted whole bags trying to get one bloody brief on.. finally, when i decided to switch to a different diaper.. one that i could actually use without wasting a whole bunch..my whole outlook changed. Instead of struggling and going ARRGH with the diaper change.. i do it calm and collect. So, having the right protection really can affect you mental state too, as well as you phyiscially managing the problem IE leaks and what not. Now, as i said wings suprere were not a bad diaper for absorbency, in fact may have been more absorbent than what i use now..not 100% sure on that..i do know padding area was more substantial.. however.. id much rather use diapers that i dont have to fight to get on every single time i need a fresh one.
Post a reply