www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:12 pm 

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've tried Dry 24/7; it was before they moved production to the US. I'm thinking about introducing the Dry 24/7 into my diaper rotation. From what I remember I think the sizing on 24/7 diapers was similar to the MegaMax, which I used fairly frequently. I currently wear a large in the Mega Max. I have a weird sizing shape. My thighs need the large to fit, but my waist and hips are on the low end of medium.

Is the sizing on the Dry 24/7 diapers similar to the MegaMax. Should I just try a large in 24/7?

Erin

Last edited by MsErin on Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:16 pm 

i hate this i am just the other way around needing something on the small side of med for my legs hips and large around my tummy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:34 pm 

I use the MegaMax and Dry 24/7 from time to time and in my somewhat limited experience they both seem to be generously cut (i.e. run large) and "fit" about the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:12 am 

Both the ConfiDry 24/7 and the MegaMax are my go-to diapers. The MegaMax is my preferred diaper for night use. I wear both diapers during the day. Jeans, a size larger, will do a good job at concealing a MegaMax.

I have used cases of both diapers and, yes, both are sized "generously" as Padded53 noted. However, IMHO not too generously. Just enough to provide extra wrap-around for the wings so that the top tape can cross over the lower tape to attach to the front. I have found that this reduces leaks, particularly at night. Please note that I said "reduces," not "eliminates."

Of course, a good fit is critical. I would go with a less absorbent diaper if that provided the best fit for my anatomy.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:27 am 

I’ve been wearing the ConfiDry 24/7 for several years now, along with NorthShore boosters (different types for night versus day) and plastic pants, and I’ve found them to run larger than the same sizing in the other premium brand that I wore before (Abena). Abena mediums were a bit snug, but medium 24/7’s fit very comfortably. I do wear one size up in my pants, from a 34 to a 36, which generally works pretty well.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:12 am 

When I was wearing Dry 24/7 a medium would fit well but all other diaper brands I have used like Betterdry I need to order the large think Dry24/7 has a larger cut in its size

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:43 pm 

I have been trying the Megamax,and it fits me the same (seemingly) as the 24-7. However, it doesn't last any longer. In fact, it seems to leak sooner than the 24-7. I suspect it's a fit issue.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:01 pm 

I wanted dry 24/7 to work for me so badly as everyone raves about them, but they leak like a sieve for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:24 am 

WetDad wrote:
I have been trying the Megamax,and it fits me the same (seemingly) as the 24-7. However, it doesn't last any longer. In fact, it seems to leak sooner than the 24-7. I suspect it's a fit issue.

are you using the recent batch of Mega?. if so they are much more leaky than the originals.
they should have the corrected ones in stock in a few months.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:05 am 

This is puzzling. I wear MegaMax at night and am having very good results with it. Of course, as I am a side-sleeper I will have occasional leaks, but fewer than with other diapers.

I have used several cases of MegaMax. It fits me very well and I suspect that fit plays a part in the reported leaks unless there was a bad manufacturing run.

Daytimes the ConfiDry Dry 24/7 is my usual go-to diaper although I will wear a MegaMax during the day when I need more absorbency or a longer period between changes. For daytimes I wear the MegaMax with relaxed fit jeans.

I wear both diapers in size Large.

--John
(Double incontinent)