www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sitting Leaks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:54 pm 

Does anyone have any ideas for getting rid of leaks while sitting down? I spend a lot of time at my PC and also for example when travelling, and more recently at football (soccer) stadium. I have prevuoiusly done things like moving about, leg under my bum, and sometimes (indoors) pulling legs up when I realise I am wetting?
I do use a ID / Expert Slip which is "breathable" as these are what are supplied to me... usually with another layer (generally pull ups, plastics or cotton knickers or net pants) just to keep it in place.
But any suggestions would be welcome!

Post subject: Re: Sitting Leaks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:08 pm 

Here's a couple of suggestions...
1. Before you put on your diaper fold it lengthwise to form it into a "V" shape. This will also slightly loosen the absorbent material and will help a bit with wicking to all parts of the diaper. Also make sure the standing leak guards (if there are any) are literally standing free of the inner sheet.
2. Once you put the diaper on make absolutely sure that the leak guards or any excess material is not caught between the leg elastics and your leg. Then make sure that the elastics are firmly against your leg. A good way to do this is to reach way back under and run a finger around each side to make sure of the fit in this critical area.
3. If you really want to make sure of no leaks you can wear a cotton panty or even a small cotton cloth just inside of a plastic or PUL pant. The cotton will absorb any leaks that get out of your diaper and the plastic/PUL pant will contain any wetness inside and keep it away from your outer clothing.
4. If all else fails try a super premium diaper like a Better Dry, a bit expensive but almost impossible to make leak if they are fitted right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:49 am 

I wonder when someone will make plastic pants that mimic the form or boxer briefs with wicking functionality around leak-prone areas like the rear thighs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:24 pm 

..--..

Last edited by john1050 on Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:37 am 

At home, I sit on a waterproof chair pad, and I add more layers of washable protection to the areas that usually leak. Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:58 am 

Thanks - some of those I knew, but a few new ones in there.
Does anyone know where I could find snap-crotch PLAIN onesies in the uk?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:25 pm 

I‘m not UK based, but I know at last a German company who might deliver somthing like this. They are not the cheapest but they have a a very wide product rage that cover also some non IC areas and they are maybe a good starting point. Of cause you can also check European vendors like Suprima or 4care directly
Unfortunately the side is not good translated but you can just serach for „body“ if you are lookin for onesies... They have also plain ones (I think black, white and blue)

https://www.saveexpress.de/en

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:32 am 

About 15 years ago I purchased an incontinence half-slip from shop national and I love it. It's a nylon slip with a terry cloth and a waterproof lining on the back side.
I wear it most days at work and anytime I have to travel, it's also great in the summer when I often wear only a diaper under a skirt or dress.

I found a picture of one that look almost identical
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-Half-Slip-Stops-Incontinence-Show-Through-And-Stays-Silent-Under-Clothes/154489386

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:43 am 

Interesting
Thank you for sharing. I’ll give it a try!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 am 

Ellyn wrote:
Interesting
Thank you for sharing. I’ll give it a try!

Every once in a while I will see if I can find another one but I can't, it seems no one is making them like that anymore. I saw one on ebay a few years ago but was out bid. :(
If you are handy with a needle and thread I suspect you could make one in an afternoon. :wink: