www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: diaqper usage at night
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:21 am 

I have a few question about wearing diapers at night.

1. if i wear a diaper to sleep but don't have an accident or anything can I use the same diaper in the daytime?

2. cant afford plastic pants so can i wear my diaper at night without fear that my diapers will leak on my bed?

Please feel free to DM me as well, I look forward to hearing from everyone thanks in advance for replies.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 am 

Hi Gabe

I would recommend getting multiple reusable bed pads and if you have not already a waterproof bed protector to save the mattress when you have a leak even premium diapers leak from time to time.

the reusable bed pads are quick to swap out and saves you from stripping the bed every time you have a leak.

as for wearing the same night time diaper for the day Im not sure as I toss and turn at night so by morning even a dry diaper is not in great shape padding wise and I never get a good fit after pulling the diaper down and back up when I use the bathroom.

All you can do is experiment on the weekends or any time you are not heading off to work to see how using your night time diaper during the day works out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm 

RobertH wrote:
Hi Gabe

I would recommend getting multiple reusable bed pads and if you have not already a waterproof bed protector to save the mattress when you have a leak even premium diapers leak from time to time.

the reusable bed pads are quick to swap out and saves you from stripping the bed every time you have a leak.

as for wearing the same night time diaper for the day Im not sure as I toss and turn at night so by morning even a dry diaper is not in great shape padding wise and I never get a good fit after pulling the diaper down and back up when I use the bathroom.

All you can do is experiment on the weekends or any time you are not heading off to work to see how using your night time diaper during the day works out.

Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:49 pm 

I would think you could easily continue wearing your diaper during the day, especially if you wake up dry. I used to be able to start with a dry diaper at bedtime and keep it on at least until late morning or until I had to get a shower to go somewhere, even though I normally wet a couple times throughout the night. Much depends on the quality of the diaper though...I always use premium diapers that hold up pretty well.

As far as plastic pants, you can pick up good quality plastic pants for a great price if you don't mind some color. Rearz often has sales on plastic pants...as of a few days ago, I know there are some solid performers for less than $6 US a pair. I have a heavy duty pair of Gary plastics that cost a decent amount (I'm thinking they were like $26 bucks) but I almost never wear them. The cheap ones hold up well and are, frankly, more comfortable and perform equally as well, if not better. The drawback is they have prints, which is a deal breaker for some. For me, no one sees them but me (and occasionally my wife) so I really don't care...I'm much more into saving money where possible.

I would also recommend a mattress protector and pads. They have saved my mattress more than a few times over the last couple years.

Good luck! I hope you find a solution that works for you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:35 pm 

5bugles wrote:
I would think you could easily continue wearing your diaper during the day, especially if you wake up dry. I used to be able to start with a dry diaper at bedtime and keep it on at least until late morning or until I had to get a shower to go somewhere, even though I normally wet a couple times throughout the night. Much depends on the quality of the diaper though...I always use premium diapers that hold up pretty well.

As far as plastic pants, you can pick up good quality plastic pants for a great price if you don't mind some color. Rearz often has sales on plastic pants...as of a few days ago, I know there are some solid performers for less than $6 US a pair. I have a heavy duty pair of Gary plastics that cost a decent amount (I'm thinking they were like $26 bucks) but I almost never wear them. The cheap ones hold up well and are, frankly, more comfortable and perform equally as well, if not better. The drawback is they have prints, which is a deal breaker for some. For me, no one sees them but me (and occasionally my wife) so I really don't care...I'm much more into saving money where possible.

I would also recommend a mattress protector and pads. They have saved my mattress more than a few times over the last couple years.

Good luck! I hope you find a solution that works for you.

Thanks for your help, I have a followup question can i use my night diaper if not wet in the daytime but I apply rash cream every night is it still ok to use the same diaper in this case as well? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:38 am 

Thanks for your help, I have a followup question can i use my night diaper if not wet in the daytime but I apply rash cream every night is it still ok to use the same diaper in this case as well? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.[/quote]

Don't know about rash cream...I almost never use it, so I really can't speak to that, I would probably avoid re-using one with rash cream on it. On the rare occasions I do use cream (Desitin) I know it can get kind of dried and clumpy after some time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:44 pm 

pretty rare for me to wake up dry but yeah there's no reason you can't continue to wear the same diaper.

I shower no matter what every morning so even if I am dry, I usually just put a new diaper on after showering. If the product you're using has the double tapes (most do these days) there's no reason you can't put the same one back on.

As far as sleeping leak free goes, it kind of depends on finding a good product for you. What some people swear by may not work for you. Personally, BetterDry work nearly perfectly for me. Very occasional leaks at night. I put an absorbent pad under my sheets anyway so no big deal if a leak happens. If I've had a lot of fluids before bed or had been drinking alcohol, I use a booster pad in my BetterDry and never leak with that set up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:47 pm 

5bugles wrote:
Thanks for your help, I have a followup question can i use my night diaper if not wet in the daytime but I apply rash cream every night is it still ok to use the same diaper in this case as well? I look forward to hearing from you Thanks Gabe.

Don't know about rash cream...I almost never use it, so I really can't speak to that, I would probably avoid re-using one with rash cream on it. On the rare occasions I do use cream (Desitin) I know it can get kind of dried and clumpy after some time.[/quote]
Thanks again

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:49 pm 

MikeJames wrote:
pretty rare for me to wake up dry but yeah there's no reason you can't continue to wear the same diaper.

I shower no matter what every morning so even if I am dry, I usually just put a new diaper on after showering. If the product you're using has the double tapes (most do these days) there's no reason you can't put the same one back on.

As far as sleeping leak free goes, it kind of depends on finding a good product for you. What some people swear by may not work for you. Personally, BetterDry work nearly perfectly for me. Very occasional leaks at night. I put an absorbent pad under my sheets anyway so no big deal if a leak happens. If I've had a lot of fluids before bed or had been drinking alcohol, I use a booster pad in my BetterDry and never leak with that set up.

Thanks for your help mike.