www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 am 

I got used to putting diapers on during the night. It would be much nicer to fall asleep and have a reassuring feeling instead of being half asleep and being scared in the subconscious mind something could happen. It was this summer to visit friends and have not worn any. In the morning the bed was wet. It's definitely more embarrassing when something like that happens instead someone notices that you have to wear diapers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:50 am 

I have also decided to use my diaper at night as I never make to the bathroom most times anyways so why fight it and I get a better nights sleep I just wish my my body would let me sleep through it so I can get an uninterrupted sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:13 pm 

First, consult your doctors. After you get answers, I say sleeping is a diaper beats waking every 45 minutes to pee in a toilet. Not getting enough sleep is it's own health issue.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:23 am 

For me sleeping at least 7 hours without having to get up is a good thing. So wearing a nappy to bed is not a problem for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 pm 

I totally agree with using the diapers at night. I was getting up 2-4 times per night to go to the bathroom. Once I switched to wearing a super absorbent overnight diaper with a waterproof pant I now get 8 hours of almost uninterrupted sleep. I feel so much more rested and no stress over any leaks! I appreciate the comments on the safety issue and getting enough quality sleep.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:38 pm 

Getting up several times during the night because your bladder wakes you and you can make it to the toilet, or setting the alarm clock to wake you at intervals during the night so that you don't wet in your sleep are both bad options, IMO. An uninterrupted, good quality night's sleep is much more important and worthwhile than an effort to stay dry during the night. Just use a waterproof mattress cover, premium absorbent underwear, and a surface bed pad under you every night to catch any leaks and get the sleep you need.

W.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:19 pm 

Wetters wrote:
Getting up several times during the night because your bladder wakes you and you can make it to the toilet, or setting the alarm clock to wake you at intervals during the night so that you don't wet in your sleep are both bad options, IMO. An uninterrupted, good quality night's sleep is much more important and worthwhile than an effort to stay dry during the night. Just use a waterproof mattress cover, premium absorbent underwear, and a surface bed pad under you every night to catch any leaks and get the sleep you need.

W.

Nothing at all wrong with that line of thinking. I've followed it for years and my valued sleep has never been illusive.

John

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:36 pm 

I really agree with wetters, that I really value getting a good nights sleep over trying to get up 3-4 times per night to go to the bathroom. Since I started wearing diapers 24/7 I have much better quality of sleep and so much less stress in my life overall!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:16 pm 

It is weird to admit, but when I went from getting up 4-6 times a night to ...being unable to do so, I got much better sleep. In fact, whereas I used to need 9 hours of choppy sleep, I can get by on half that and be fine (in a pinch).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:44 pm 

I'd rather wet the bed (with a diaper) than wake up 9 times a night.

When my issues started, bedwetting was the first symptom. once the bedwetting became a regular thing, it was happening more than once per night. it took me a while to bite the bullet and buy diapers, but once I did I slept so much better. Waking up multiple times a night soaking wet to strip the bed was really taking a toll. I wasn't getting good sleep and my work was suffering for it. I'm so used to wearing diapers now that I honestly don't care at all about my bedwetting. I'd love to get out of diapers during the day, but if my incontinence was purely just the bedwetting I'd just accept diapers for the rest of my life and be done with it. I sleep so soundly most nights now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next