www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Northshore airsupremes
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:48 pm 

So either my supplier or northshore screwed up and I got 2 cases of airsupremes instead of supremes. I've never liked cloth backed but I know people like this one. So instead of going through the hassle of sending them back (plus I'm I'm a wheelchair and cant drive) I've decided to keep them. The first one the tapes ripped off. Not a good start. The second one went on fine and ill be wearing pul pants and sitting on a pad the first few I test out. Gotta say it's pretty comfy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:05 am 

I dont like them. They leak like crazy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 am 

Northshore makes some great stuff, but about a year ago I tried the AirSupremes. They tended to "sweat" quite a bit, so I always had to use some form of plastic pants with them. Kinda invalidates the point, but at least they were very quiet.

I'd shoot them an email if you're experiencing some quality issues. They've been very good with me, but I haven't had to send anything back. They might even tell you to keep the cases while they replace them with the proper order.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:38 pm 

They are sending me replacements and I'll just use the megamax I got with the order (which I'm not 100% impressed with either but at least it takes 2 settings for these to leak. I must have strong output or something because all heavy duty diapers leak on me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:06 pm 

Also yes about the sweating. Which I think contributes to leaking.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:02 pm 

justej wrote:
...all heavy duty diapers leak on me.

You may not be using the correct size.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:22 am 

WetDad wrote:
justej wrote:
...all heavy duty diapers leak on me.

You may not be using the correct size.

likely. I was leaking out of the large megamax.
have always used large briefs back to the 80s
currently with a 42" waist switching the megamax to medium stopped leaks in their tracks
and as a bonus the irritation with the landing zone near my hips went away. win win.
also some diapers just fit weird. all depends on body type I guess. no pun attended

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:49 am 

Obviously size is important, you have to get it close, but I feel the absolute most important thing is to get the diaper positioned perfectly around the leg openings where they meet your body. I know this too sounds obvious, but until I checked the fit in that critical area I was getting leaks too, even with premium diapers. I thought I was getting my diaper on properly but the fit check revealed otherwise. Once I started doing a final "fit check", which meant running my finger all along the elastic gathers and making sure they were snuggly against my legs, and making sure there was no excess material in the way, the leaks went totally away.

Now I can wear much less expensive diapers and still feel confident of no leaks. Of course the cheaper diapers don't have nearly the capacity of the premiums but when I'm at home and can change easily that's often what I wear.

I'm sure in your present situation performing this fit check may be difficult but I believe it may well be the answer to your problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 am 

Padded53 wrote:
Obviously size is important, you have to get it close, but I feel the absolute most important thing is to get the diaper positioned perfectly around the leg openings where they meet your body. I know this too sounds obvious, but until I checked the fit in that critical area I was getting leaks too, even with premium diapers. I thought I was getting my diaper on properly but the fit check revealed otherwise. Once I started doing a final "fit check", which meant running my finger all along the elastic gathers and making sure they were snuggly against my legs, and making sure there was no excess material in the way, the leaks went totally away.

There is a lot of fastidious fitting around getting a diaper on. It's more than just taping up. There's fanning out the diaper, folding it to get the crease right (kinda like getting the crease on a ballcap right), tensioning the leg openings against your pubic bone (not your thighs), positioning the tapes consistently (diapers with a print on the landing zone really helps which is why I love the TotalDry brand), and rolling all excess material in so that the fit is tight around your thighs, especially.

Granted, I guess I'm....lucky?.... that I have a constant trickle in addition to large, urgent voids. I've found that I might as well just try to use the diaper when I can have a smaller void. Leaks are borne of large voids and ill-fitting diapers. When I haven't been hydrating properly, I actually have no leaks because the constant drain is easily handled by my current setup. YMMV.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm 

"breathable" products all have the same issue for many the sweating is, in fact, proving that they are indeed breathable! as the product needs to allow vapor through but not liquid! however, we all hate the wet feeling because the vapor sticks to the fibers on the outside always make it wet.

when it comes to preventing leaks finding the right fit for your body is #1, each brand and model is cut different and we must try several of each to find what works for us individually! in my review of the Mega-Max we found the small Mega-Max was identically sized to a competitor's Medium! Personally I normally fall between medium and large for most products but I usually use the large size to get more side coverage as a side sleeper, but I found that the Small Mega max fit me comfortably but the medium was the proper for my body. you will need to try these out with every brand until you find that One that works for you!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter