www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best onesie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:38 am 

I am considering purchasing a couple of diaper onesies, but not sure what and where to get them. I have looked at a number of sites, but the sizing is difficult for me to make a decision. I am 5'8" tall with a 30" waist. Looking at size charts, I would take a medium using my waist measurement. But, the length would indicate that I need a larger size. How do I decide? If anyone has purchased a onesie, I would appreciate knowing where you got them, how the size runs, etc. Also, I prefer a neck style that resembles a traditional t-shirt; not the banded collar that I see on many. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Best onesie
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:26 pm 

Search Amazon, see who the sellers are and reach out on their websites. Search for adaptive medical clothing companies, including some local ones (local to you). Some seamstresses can convert shirts for you, turning polo shirts into onesies.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:35 pm 

dp66

If you can sew it is easy to make a onesie. Take a T-Shirt and some cloth and sew it to the back of the T-Shirt. Then bring it up between your legs to the front. Sew on Velcro to the cloth and T-Shirt. To cut down on the bulk you can cut the cloth in an hour glass shape.

To make one real easy, without sewing all you need is a T-shirt, pillow case and several safety pins. Pin the pillow case to the back of the T-Shirt bring it up to the front and pin it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:23 pm 

RetiredRN wrote:
dp66

If you can sew it is easy to make a onesie. Take a T-Shirt and some cloth and sew it to the back of the T-Shirt. Then bring it up between your legs to the front. Sew on Velcro to the cloth and T-Shirt. To cut down on the bulk you can cut the cloth in an hour glass shape.

To make one real easy, without sewing all you need is a T-shirt, pillow case and several safety pins. Pin the pillow case to the back of the T-Shirt bring it up to the front and pin it.

Damn, that is ingenious!

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:58 pm 

If you are anywhere near the Atlanta area you can buy one in person at Diaper Depot on the east side of Atlanta. They sell every type of diaper from baby to adult, and yes even some AB types but that's not their main thing by any means. Helen will be more than happy to give you a personal fitting for your onesie to make sure you get the right size.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:37 am 

At that size, go for a small size. I'm 6.3, and wear small size onesie. Great support and no sagging. They do get stretched a bit, in the long run