www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Adult Bedwetting
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:45 pm 

I joined this forum in Jan., 2014. I have daytime urge incontinence caused by nerve damage from diabetes and a stroke, but I've also had a lifelong tendency toward sleep wetting. Over the years, there have been a few posts dealing with this issue, and there is at least one member here who doesn't have daytime issues but has been a long-term bedwetter. I've thought about whether or not a need exists to justify a separate section on this forum that discusses the challenges/frustration of adult bedwetting that isn't related to daytime bladder dysfunction. I would appreciate any input on this subject. I must admit to being a bit concerned that it would invite fetish commentary. Thanks.

W.

Post subject: Re: Adult Bedwetting
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:32 pm 

I'm probably to new here to vote for an extra forum - how ever - I think there is indeed a different between enuresis nocturna and UIC. While UIC normally have a physical background the root cause for bedwetting is often not that easy to find - and this makes it probably even more frustrating for those who suffering from it. So yes - maybe it makes it easier to find some one with a similar background with such a forum. On the other hand -if you registered since 2014 and found just one or two members...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:35 pm 
Admin

Wetters,
Thats a great idea. In fact, its such a great idea that I just started the new section.
Im sure it will soon have some great posts and tips for people.

:D :D :D :D

michael_dahlke: don't feel that just because you are new to the forum that you can't post any ideas that you may have.
New ideas can come from anyone, well anyone except my turtle, as she is still sleeping the winter away. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Schoppy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:05 am 

Thanks, Schoppy - I think a specialized section will help people who live "normally" during the day, but are dealing with the inconvenience, feelings of low self-worth, and secrecy associated with involuntary nighttime wetting to feel like they have worthwhile input and are welcome here. I also think we need to be realistic and have a plan for discouraging fetish input, i.e., zero tolerance and immediate removal of offensive posts, and closing the section if it comes to that.

W.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:02 pm 

Lol. I think i suggested this years ago, and it got shot down as not necessary, and probably splitting the board up too much.

I am a long term bedwetter, with no daytime issues. I'm also the most active moderator for www.reddit.com/r/adultbedwetting .

I would be happy to have a separate board here too. Bedwetters often have different concerns with products and managment, and it can be intimidating talking about a "lesser" condition when others are dealing with 24/7 issues, or double incontinence.