www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cystoscopy plus ct scan
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:38 am 

sorry for the spellings in this went through a cystoscopy last year all fine apart from catheter cystitis and all clear of cancer.

then went through blood tests and a ct scan of the abdomen including private parts sadly it was found that my sigmoid colon has diverticulitis including a section around my appendix treatment is antibiotics but the downside is that i am getting bowel leakage which tallies with information on the net.

there is an option to resolve but it would mean surgery which my doctors are trying to avoid so for now it is a life of diapers nappies until such a time that the bowel needs bypassing, this does get me down and is a pretty grim prospect.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 pm 

It's a tough one it really is. Bowel incontinence is on another level to bladder incontinence. You will cope because there is no option. Take care and let's hope for unexpected vast improvement. 4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:53 am 

thanks for the kind message, just a real shame this has happened catheters are bad enough so it is kinda of tough dealing with this as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:54 am 

My wife has diverticulosis; other than watching her diet, there is no plan for surgical intervention. Hopefully, if you can get this diverticulitis cured, your incontinence will also cease. This can be a painful condition indeed; good luck and report back.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:32 am 

i am presuming it is the diverticulosis of the sigmoid colon which is the cause but at the same time it could be anything.

it really needs a camera inside to have a look but for now that is on a back burner as i have a heart scan and some issue to deal with which is making me ill, scan mid next week.