www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:22 am 

I use pull-ups and a booster pad. Is there anything that will keep the pull-up from sagging and leaking when they are rather loaded? I tried using suspenders under my shirt but it is terribly awkward, they tear loose from the waist band even when I fold them triple. Also, it is hell to re-attach when in a bathroom stall.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:59 am 

Pullups are not designed for large capacity mainly for lite incontinence issues, if you have to use a booster pad due to your volume its time to switch to a Premium taped diaper that will fit better and will have the capacity you require. Taped diapers are also easier to change and leak less offten then pullups.

Last edited by RobertH on Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:58 am 

Leaky, Robert H is right. It is time for you to change to a regular diaper.

Re suspenders, don't attach them to the pullup. Attach them to a pair of underpants and wear those over the pullup. That way they will not tear the pullup.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:26 pm 

Thanks for the thoughtful response. I should have been more specific. Fortunately, my incontinence level is more near those who simply use pull ups. I use the booster pad as a supplement and keep a spare in my pocket. In a typical week I might twice remove a saturated booster pad and replace it with my spare. It takes only a minute in a bathroom stall. About once a week, I use two pull ups in a given day.

I do not want to use the much more expensive taped diapers suggested by Robert and going to regular diapers covered by underpants suggest by John seem like drastic overkill to my relatively mild problem.

The waist span for each size pull up is very wide, so their expected "grip" is not very great. I was just hopefully thinking that there might be a simple, inexpensive was to save me repeatably having to "hike them up" during the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:37 pm 

Leaky Guy wrote:
The waist span for each size pull up is very wide, so their expected "grip" is not very great. I was just hopefully thinking that there might be a simple, inexpensive was to save me repeatably having to "hike them up" during the day.

I've tried a few different brands of pull-ups in the past and had the same issues: they don't stay put and don't have much capacity. As you alluded to, the waist span is generally wide, without a means to adjust it. In my case, I only tried them a couple times before I made the leap to diapers. If you are determined to stay in pull-ups, I would recommend trying samples of different brands and sizes, as there are some that are more form fitting than others. You could also try using some type of tape (duct tape?) to snug up the waist. I don't know if this would work or not, as I haven't tried it, but it may be worth a shot.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:23 am 

I just use a diaper cover...plastic pants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm 

Maybe plastic pants are a good option for holding up a pull-up. I often use a pair of Gary PUL pants over my diapers; both tape on or cloth; for me the weight of a soaked diaper is held up fine with these.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:24 pm 

Like many have said if the pull-up are getting heavy and falling down you may want to move to the "Tab/Tape" style briefs as they are much better solution for longterm protection, if like you say its rather mild incontinence I would probably suggest wearing a slightly loose compression short over the pull up to help keep them in place . We recently did a video showing that using underwear can actually create leaking issues but we did find compression shorts the better option (if not too tight) to use if you are looking to prevent sagging. Another great option is the adult "onesie" snap crotch t-shirt they can also help keep padding in place and while they add a layer of clothing and may be uncomfortable to wear in the summer you do get used to the added layer, I use them everyday even here in hot Florida! because they work so well at helping a few things sagging, peeking, and sound.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:35 pm 

Which pull up are you using? On occasion when around the house I'll use an abena abri-flex. Haven't had problems with them falling down. Even when wet. Maybe those would work for you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm 

I've never tried this but how about using a good old fashioned diaper pin? You could gather up some of the fabric of the pull-up near the top and then pin it to try and get a tighter fit. If you try this please let us know if it worked.