www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 am 

It was the large that I have used. Perhaps there might be something in what JD says mabe I was not getting the plug up enough. I have a box left. I belive they are quite expensive mine provided on prescription free of charge. Am still waiting for the apointment for the anal tests. Am at the urologist this afternoon as my follow up from my testicle removal in January. 4wheeldave.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:22 am 

First, thank you!!! JD!! Your tip about the "pusher" was essential for correctly inserting the tampon properly. My fingers would not have worked. I used the tip of a fleet enema, which was just the right size to push the tampon in properly. I was initially surprised how big the tampon was, but again, JDs advice about plenty of lube saved the day.

I am trying the small, and once it was inserted, could not feel it at all. However, after about 15 minutes, I began to get strong urges to defecate. These continued for several hours, although I could only feel the "string" itself. Looks like it was just the gas inside trying to get out (it did leak out and that reduced the pressure). I think I will purchase a box of the large and alternate to see what works best. As of now, I don't have the confidence to wear them in public, but my experiment at home is so far successful.

I will post more as I continue to experiment. So far though, they have eliminated the mad rush to the toilet I was getting after eating. I have a Lower Anterior Resection, so my descending colon is directly connected to the backdoor (meaning it is much smaller than the original equipment, with less room for storage). The Dr. says that it will eventually get larger and reduce the pressure, but first I need to tighten up the sphincter (if possible). I will say that I am really able to target my abdominal floor exercises really well with this in place, so far I have had to tighten up on my sphincters multiple times each hour just to combat the urgency to push. :)

Well, this is only the first day, so I will wear them for a while and report back about how they are working. If I can gain confidence to go into public after eating, it will mean the world. I really want to go to a restaurant again, it has been so long.

Mike

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:27 am 

Mike,

Congratulations on your success with the plug! I found that I needed to use the larger size for best effectiveness. You do become more accustomed to the sensations of having the plug inserted. Keep us posted on your progress.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:53 pm 

I have a new plug to try it's called Renew inserts. I have had the sample box for a couple of weeks now but not tried one. The thing that is putting me of is they have no string on them you expel it when you have a bowel movement. But I want it to stop me having a BM so what's the point. It's actually a double plug . It does not expand like the Peristeen it's like a small end that goes up until the larger flap sits over the opening. They called me on the phone to see if I had tried one and said they would send someone out to help me but I am not in the mood for it at the moment. I will let you know if I try one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 am 

4wheeldave, I have read about the Renew inserts but have not tried them. Please give us a detailed review after you have used them.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 am 

I still haven't but I will do when I give them a try.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:24 am 

Tried the new anal plugs. Really poor. For me not as secure as the Peristeen ones. The large size I had trouble getting up and the regular size disappeared completely not to be seen until I had a bowel movement and I spotted it in my nappy after changing. Because I am now urethraly catheterised it's bad to have a pooped diaper because of the risk of infection but these plugs don't hold anything in. I manage my bowels now by starting the day off trying to have a BM in the right place down the toilet. When this does not happen I have a Peristeen plug inserted and then a plastic backed diaper put on. This is the best I can do. I have to hope when I fill my diaper I can get it changed fast and get cleaned up. Sometimes the plug will give me enough time to make it on to the toilet. 4wheeldave

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:48 am 

4wheeldave, thanks for the very useful information about the Renew rectal plugs. You have helped me avoid having to duplicate your experience.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:39 pm 

Your welcome JD