www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Livdry diapers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am 

https://www.tyemedical.com/product/livd ... um-briefs/

Been a while since I posted so I'll reintroduce myself first. I'm a small 49 yr old male with an enlarged prostate and a 32 inch waist. I have occasional dribbling (farily rare if I keep taking my Tamsulosin/Flomax), urge incontinence when hearing or feeling running water, and I wake up once per night (sometimes 2x) to use the loo. I have occasionally wet the bed (1 yr ago last) and have had a handful of nighttime near misses in that time.

Disposable underwear looks too much like women's underwear so I won't buy them. I usually don't wear protection during the day except when wearing thin dress pants. I prefer a diaper at night even though accidents are uncommon. May seem weird but I like feeling secure. Until now I've been wearing plastic backed diapers from xpmedical. The tapes of every cloth diapers either ripped from the back of the product or would pop open while rolling in bed.

I found the Livdry product while looking for an alternative to plastic backed products which can't be reused. I received a sample and i wanted to tell you about it. First, the tapes are long, wide, and stretchy, very similar to what you get with a toddler product. The entire front of the brief is a huge landing zone which feels like the hard half of velcro. I tried wearing the diaper for a little while last night with the "hyper" absorbancy insert. The insert, I think, reduced the size of the diaper by a critical 1/2 inch or so. This made the tapes dig into my leg which was very uncomfortable. I took it off after an hour or 2 and wore my usual product to bed. This morning I decided to wear it to work because I want to see how well the tapes hold all day. I'm not sure how they will do since I fastened and refastened the tapes last night repeatedly while trying to solve the leg issue I mentioned above. I'm not using the insert, just the diaper which is so thin that I have a hard time believing it will hold 60 ounces (Brittany in Cust Service says its true) of liquid like the manufacturer says it will. if I were to buy inserts i would buy their "powerful" and not the "hyper" since the powerful is 5 in shorter in length and 4 inches shorter in width and should fit a small diaper much better. Without the insert the product fits my legs much better and is quite comfortable (at least when dry).

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by gtrudeau88 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Livdry diapers
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:09 am 

I wear and find The NorthShore Supreme and especially The BetterDry Diapers are my favorites. The BetterDry Diapers has tall leak guards and absorbs wetness quickly and wicks the feeling of wet away from instantly. As for the NorthShore Supreme, buy that Diaper is amazing because this diaper is very absorbent and can work for extended day time use or night use. On the outside the plain white plastic backing, has minimal writing a wetness indicator, is soft and reasonably quiet. Furthermore the tapes are sturdy so the diaper won't stretch or sag excessively when the it gets heavy, or is used overnight. On the inside the top sheet keeps skin dry and is comfortable, meanwhile the leak guards and leg gathers keep the contents of the diaper where they belong. You get what you pay for and these diapers work great. Very heavy diaper. Thicker than expected. When you first put on you may think they are a bit thick. They held up very well and did not clump like previous brands. I really was most impressed that the absorbant material stayed in place and did not clump and move around. This made for a more pleasant wearing experience. They fit true to size.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:55 am 

gtrudeau88 wrote:
https://www.tyemedical.com/product/livdry-premium-briefs/

Been a while since I posted so I'll reintroduce myself first. I'm a small 49 yr old male with an enlarged prostate and a 32 inch waist. I have occasional dribbling (farily rare if I keep taking my Tamsulosin/Flomax), urge incontinence when hearing or feeling running water, and I wake up once per night (sometimes 2x) to use the loo. I have occasionally wet the bed (1 yr ago last) and have had a handful of nighttime near misses in that time.

Disposable underwear looks too much like women's underwear so I won't buy them. I usually don't wear protection during the day except when wearing thin dress pants. I prefer a diaper at night even though accidents are uncommon. May seem weird but I like feeling secure. Until now I've been wearing plastic backed diapers from xpmedical. The tapes of every cloth diapers either ripped from the back of the product or would pop open while rolling in bed.

I found the Livdry product while looking for an alternative to plastic backed products which can't be reused. I received a sample and i wanted to tell you about it. First, the tapes are long, wide, and stretchy, very similar to what you get with a toddler product. The entire front of the brief is a huge landing zone which feels like the hard half of velcro. I tried wearing the diaper for a little while last night with the "hyper" absorbancy insert. The insert, I think, reduced the size of the diaper by a critical 1/2 inch or so. This made the tapes dig into my leg which was very uncomfortable. I took it off after an hour or 2 and wore my usual product to bed. This morning I decided to wear it to work because I want to see how well the tapes hold all day. I'm not sure how they will do since I fastened and refastened the tapes last night repeatedly while trying to solve the leg issue I mentioned above. I'm not using the insert, just the diaper which is so thin that I have a hard time believing it will hold 60 ounces (Brittany in Cust Service says its true) of liquid like the manufacturer says it will. if I were to buy inserts i would buy their "powerful" and not the "hyper" since the powerful is 5 in shorter in length and 4 inches shorter in width and should fit a small diaper much better. Without the insert the product fits my legs much better and is quite comfortable (at least when dry).

Hope this helps someone.

I tried a sample of the LivDry and, though I prefer plastic backed, I found that it performed well for me. Yes, the tapes required some adjustment, but they held very well. It was comfortable and held up well through a lot of activity. The tapes seem to be more robust than any other cloth backed I have tried - they stayed put, didn't tear out, etc. I also had 2 sample liners, which I switched out when needed, and the liners also performed well. If I ever make the switch to cloth backed, I would definitely consider them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:12 am 

Big thanks to gtrudeau88!!!

I got a sample of the Livdry and I got to say these are the best day time diaper for me hands down. Only reason why I don’t wear it at night is due to being a side sleeper I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants.

My favorite parts about the the Livdry diaper (size large and I used a northshore booster pad)
- Equivalent of 3 heavy wetting - not even soaked yet. I can probably go one or 2 more heavy wettings. Been wearing for 12 hours.
- multiple retapes - I don’t use diapers for bowel movements so I’ve had to retape 2 times no problems with them sticking.
- Tapes - they have a 2 tape system on one tab. You have the typical tape at the end of the tab then where the tab tapers down you have a second tape. This keeps the diaper nice and snug. This is the best tape system on a cloth back disposable diaper I’ve ever used. The tapes are very stretchy like a baby diaper which keeps the diaper snug.
- Leakguards- Leakgaurds are very tall and are also thicker which helps with them not allowing pee to leak through them. The leakgaurds also run the complete length of the diaper.

I just place an order to again to make this my full time daytime diaper. I’m very excited as I’ve tried ever cloth backed disposable diaper on the market and I’m excited to say I’ve found one.

If anyone has any addition questions about this diaper, let me know. I can provide you my thoughts

Thanks!
Darren

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:38 pm 

Thanks, I will give it a shot... ordered a sample

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:22 pm 

The diaper worked fine with the pad, but when I went to take the insert out and just use the diaper the tabs all ripped. Given this, I don't know how good the diaper itself was. And the pad option was thus a no-go, so I'd have to analyze them on a cost per diaper basis. I'll keep it in mind for potential summer uses, since it breathes but I liked the ComfiDry 24/7 better. Just my 2c of hot air.

Marcus Aurelius