www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:24 pm 

I feel I've really come to terms and accepted my incontinence and need for diapers. Likewise for the periodic doctor visits to check my PSA's/Prostate and the logistics/cost of dealing with my protective supplies. Those are the "big" things, and although I know they are always there after three years of being IC they don't really consciously bother me much anymore.
But what really gets to me sometimes is the little things, like this morning. I showered, dried off and taped on a nice fresh dry diaper. I still think that clean dry feeling is great and it takes me back to the no protection needed pre-IC days. However just a few minutes later walking into the kitchen my Wife turned the tap on full blast and my bladder just let go, so much for that nice dry feeling for all of two minutes! And as I've mentioned before having my Wife see me changing my diaper still makes me cringe even though she doesn't bat an eye. I know there's a few more that I can't think of at the moment but sometimes it just kind of gets to you.

Last edited by Padded53 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:53 pm 

LOL! I can relate to that. :lol:

We share the same "trigger" too. It took me a couple of days in a row helping out washing the dishes to realize that every time I did I was peeing my diaper. Unfortunately it did not get me out of washing the dishes. :roll:

--John

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 am 

Interesting post. I wish I could predict when 'it' would happen. In the morning I get up take a few steps and usually flood because of pressure on bladder happens. Change into decent day diaper. After that I can generally hope a couple of hours before urge gets me again. Walking out of the house with a damp diaper is a bad start. 'Stuff' happens. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:26 am 

I can SO relate. After 10+ years, it hasn't gotten any better, but it still bothers me to have to change in front of my wife. It shouldn't after almost 40 years, but it does.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:34 am 
Admin

Refilling the coffee pot every morning does it for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:02 am 

For me its running water or steping out side into the cold that trigers my bladder, I can relate to the feeling you get when your in a dry diaper or siting airing out and the frustration feeling that you get when you pee after just a few minutes of changing into a new dry diaper or sitting on a dry pad to air out.

fortunately most days I can handle it but there are days that being stuck in diapers really gets me down for a short while.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:41 am 

Schoppy mentioned filling the coffee pot. For me, one of my triggers is watching the coffee drip into the cup. Does any one else have that "trigger?"

--John

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:51 am 

I've noticed with me a lot of the times when the urge hits if I am moving when I stop to do something is when I have issues like when I'm walking to my car often when I stop to unlock my car my bladder just decides it doesn't want to do its job anymore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:05 am 

Hey John:
Funny that you mentioned the "drip" trigger. Just yesterday I was washing something with the tap just dripping and I noticed I was dripping at exactly the same rate as the tap. Another one that gets me almost everytime is filling the tank of my car at the gas station, and it's usually a gusher. :|
Now that I really think about it I suspect that the little things tend to bother us a bit since they are a constant reminder of our "condition", whereas the big things, while always there in our minds, have somehow been sort of put out of our conscious day to day thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:14 am 

RobertH wrote:
For me its running water or steping out side into the cold that trigers my bladder, I can relate to the feeling you get when your in a dry diaper or siting airing out and the frustration feeling that you get when you pee after just a few minutes of changing into a new dry diaper or sitting on a dry pad to air out.

fortunately most days I can handle it but there are days that being stuck in diapers really gets me down for a short while.

Those are definitely triggers for me as well. Also if I stand after sitting or lying down for a bit, I can be sure there is a flood soon to follow. Mornings are the worst, so I try not to schedule anything til late morning, so I have time to go through the "routine." I try to keep my night diaper on until I've gone through the morning ministrations, so to speak, so when I do change, I can be reasonably sure I'll stay dry for a while. Doesn't always work out that way, though.