www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:25 am 

Patrick wrote:
I guess that changing out of boredom is not in my experience. Manufacturers and suppliers change their wares so often that keeping aware of everything the current marketplace makes available is a survival tactic. My experience with PUL pants over daytime protection is that they work well. My daytime protection is usually lighter than my nighttime protection, which suits the PUL well; I doubt that PUL would work so well over heavy night diapers.

Patrick,

PUL pants work very well over heavy night diapers, but, as with all diaper covers, it is critical to choose the right size. On the advice of a friend who has been incontinent for 29 years I learned to select PUL pants for night use that are two sizes larger than I previously used. It sounds too big (and they look too big) but the larger pants allow more space inside for the bulky and wet cloth to push out when lying on my side at night without forcing the leg gathers to open. I have not had a leak since I began using the larger PUL pants - I think over 400 nights. :D I will note that I wear heavy night-weight prefolds with two heavy cloth booster pads. That is a lot of bulk but, as I have severe chronic constipation I have been advised to stay well-hydrated, even at night.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:39 am 

I'll second everything JD has said and with that in mind you might want to check out the Leakmaster PUL pants at Adultclothdiaper.com . They have a variety of great PUL pants available, and although they appear to be made by Gary (which is a good thing) they seem to be much fuller cut compared to the regular Gary Activewear PUL pants that I have. I've got the Leakmaster snap-on version and they easily fit over my most bulky diapers with room to spare so I would think that the non-snap-on (i.e. not Activewear) version would also be very roomy and would work great for nighttime use over cloth diapers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:27 pm 

It has been a while since i have posted anything. I tried the AIO cloth diaper by ecoable. Very comfortable but just not absorbent and leak free as a pin-on cloth diaper. I liked the feel and looks but it is not about that is it? It has to work and it has to give me the confidence i demand. All diapers can leak, yes. But we mostly are to blame for that, waiting too long to change, not doubling up, etc. It was a noble experiment and worth the effort. I will only wear the AIO days while around the house and yard. For those of us who prefer cloth diapers there just really is no substitute for the confidence that we get from all cotton cloth diapers. But... i will also try something new, in cloth, if i think it might be worth it.
Papa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:40 am 

Hi all,
I started the other way around. I felt ashamed for the situation and tried to make is as normal as possible, so I used PUL for my night diapers in the beginning. I was not convinced about the reliability of it. More and more I switched to plastic pants for the night. Right now I use plastic pants for my disposables and plastic pants with a high back for the cotton diapers. Depending how I feel I use disposables or cotton diapers, but to very honest, cotton gives me the biggest piece of mind. I know the combination with plastic pants will do the job. Cheers Bob