www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:29 pm 

XP Medical: for Seni Super Quatro and Abena Plastic-Backed disposables, as well as Abena Fixing Pants.

Snap-EZ: for pocket diapers.

Adult Cloth Diaper: for gauze diaper boosters (I use these as inserts in my pocket diapers since they fit the pockets perfectly, plus I like the softness, absorbency, and washability of gauze), as well as GaryWear PUL covers in two sizes ("regular size" for wearing over disposables and "one size larger than normal" for wearing over pull-up cloth)

BabyPants: for pull-up cloth diapers (I use their "training pants" as pull-up diapers).

These vendors have never let me down. Fair pricing, excellent service, fast delivery, and quality products.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:26 pm 

As a group, we seems to be amazingly consistent in our evaluations of the best and most reliable vendors. That speaks very well for those vendors.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:08 pm 

I'm talking from a Finnish perspective. My diaper usage is not very heavy, so I do not usually buy by box -they would also be difficult for me to haul as the post office is a few kilometres away- so I buy usually single packs. Here it is often actually cheaper than buying by the box, as the costs rise by the size and weight of the package. I'd say probably the best ones I've dealt here are Aspal (they also offer all kinds of household and cleaning equipment) as they have quick delivery and affordable prices and Fennomedical as they have a good selection of products.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:41 am 

I am surprised that no one has mentioned Bambinos. They do cater to the adbl crowd, but they do carry an all white diaper that I have purchased many times. They are very comfortable and absorbent. They may be a little expensive, but you get what you pay for. They will be coming out with a new even more absorbent all white diaper soon. If it is as good as there other products, I will probably give them a try. Another fairly good source is abuniverse. Again, it caters to the adbl community, but there products are good and they do offer an all white diaper.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:54 pm 

Bambinos actually isn't that great in my opinion. They have had a number of customer service and shipping problems in the past (which have supposedly been addressed), and like you mentioned they are overly expensive. Add in that when properly sized they tend to almost always leak at half their rated capacity, and well.....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:48 pm 

B Brian, I haven't had any of the issues you mentioned. Of course, we are all different in our needs and shape of our anatomy. I'm curious as to which diaper you prefer, and why.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:07 pm 

You're right about that.

My current preference is confidry24/7. For me, they hold by far the most urine before leaking becomes a concern (about twice that of a bambino). I also find they are the most comfortable and resist clumping pretty well too.

Northshore Supreme is my second preference. They hold up jest as good, but they start off with harder padding that I don't find to be quite as comfortable.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:39 pm 

I ordered a package of 24-7 a while back...size M. I find them to be an excellent diaper, but have a little issue with the size. I have a 30" waist and a 34 1/2" hip. That is right on the border line between the small and medium, so I went with the medium. They are definitely on the large side. The tapes almost touch. However, I'm afraid the size small may be too small. I guess having the tapes close to touching isn't a bad thing. Or, is it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:39 am 

It can be, but it might not. When the tapes extend too close to each other, they might not provide enough tension around the legs by not pulling on the front side panels (in lieu of pulling on the core as in this case). This could cause excessive leaks from around the legs, especially while sitting or laying down.

It really just depends on if they continue to work for you or not. Since everyone's body shape is different, this could come up as a potential problem, or it might not at all.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:14 pm 

This has been my experience B Brian. Exactly as you say, leaking out the legs because the pressure isn't pulling there. My waist and hips are a little bigger but similar. I find the smalls are better.

That being said, they are shorter so you lose some height on your diaper front and back. For my Day-time incontinence that isn't an issue, but at night I miss the extra padding in the small of my back.

I have been enjoying the north shore premium for that same reason. Cheaper, similar absorbency, and no leaking out the legs