www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A pull on that works
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:44 am 

This is a repeat of my earlier post; I've been very busy and was unable to repond earlier to someone posting that they'd tried "three different pull ons" and they all leaked. Well, fine, I've tried at least 6 different pull ons and they all leaked too.

The Japanese Medline pull on briefs are NOT LIKE THE OTHERS. They work.

The pull on products have a lot of promise. For some incontinent folks they may be the only thing they will wear or consider wearing. Just as adult disposable diapers were very poor years ago but improved dramatically, these new pull on diapers were pretty bad, and many still are, but please don't condem them all.

Again, the Japanese pull on is way above the rest for both fit and performance and no, I have nothing to do with selling them nor do I own stock in the company! LOL!

Go to xpmedical.com/pullup.html and try the "good" pull on. Other good diaper brand names (Molicare and Abena) have jumped into the pull on market and while both have excellent diapers.....their pull ons are NOT up to the quality and perfomance level of the Medline...my opinion, of course.

I would really like to hear feed back from people who've tried pull ons, have had problems and then tried the Medline pull ons.

Post subject: A pull on that works
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:04 pm 

I have pull-on (triple thickness) diapers from Loving Comfort. I'd like to say they are the best in the 41 years of my incontinence. I use them for night time. It allows me to sleep in any position without fear of leakage, even up to ten hours of rest.

During the day time I use an external catheter attached to a Belly Bag. Leg bags are a nuisance. I have found this method works very well. I'm not on the catheter for long periods that have caused me sores on the meatus and not utilizing the diapers long enough to have any problems with diaper rash.

And, by the way, being a Viet Nam vet, diapers are covered by the Veterans Affairs whereas they are not with Medicare.

IMR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:55 am 
I'm the "guest" that originally said 3 kinds let me down before. I wasn't surprised to read that 6 kinds did leak either. As for the medline ones, I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. Perhaps other people who tried could comment on them?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 5:18 am 

Hi Guest, thank you for writing again! Since you seem to be one who could make good use of a pant style pull on disposable diaper and many have not come up to your expectations, please contact Gary at XP Medical. Tell him we sent you to him to try the "best".

Medline Protection Plus Disposable Protective Underwear-Extended Wear / Overnight

They are expensive but I'll bet Gary will work a deal to sell you a sample pack or other small quantity so you can see for yourself.

If you do try them, please let us know what you think of them!

Thanks again! Joe K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:35 am 
km
Have tried to talk direstly to some the product manufactures that make cloth diapers and plastic pants. There are some that make custom diapers and pants to personal spefications. You might noot be interested in cloth diapers but a pair or custom plastic pants made to fit over a diisp pants might work. You might get them to only make one leg hole!

Post subject: woops
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:18 am 
Quote:
How about the pullups with the velcro? I've only checked out Depends but they seems wider at the waist until you tighten them with the velcro. I would think you might be able to do it with just one hand and they might be a little tighter to prevent leaks.

Ahh woops, now i get it.