www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:21 pm 

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right area. But http://www.superundies.com has a pull on pocket diaper that's actually pretty decent. They're made with a PUL waterproof covering that covers everything but the sides, they have some absorbency to them, but you're probably going to need to add some kind of liner either cloth or disposable. (They do sell a microfiber liner, but I think it's overpriced) I've had luck with the boosters from adultclothdiaper.com, and I've also had luck using the goodnites true fit liners, or a combination of the two. Right now they are doing a introductory sale where you get $10 off if you use a coupon code, which I'll try to post. These normally sell for over $30, but you can get them for just over $20 which isn't a bad deal. Check them out, you may like them. FYI this company does primarily make products for kids, but they are trying to branch out to the adult market.

Attachments:
image.png
image.png [ 140.52 KiB | Viewed 9735 times ]
image.png
image.png [ 140.52 KiB | Viewed 9735 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:37 pm 

Thanks for sharing the new brand with us all!!! :)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:03 pm 

Just as a side note. I've found that pocket diapers without the pocket make a perfect swim diaper. They usually have a terry lining with the pul outer cover. This allows for just enough absorbency for getting you into and out of the water without having pee run down and all over.

You do have to let the water drain from the diaper as you're getting out though (I usually hook one leg guard and pull it down for a second or three- right as I am getting out) However, they don't soak up too much water to make it obvious to others around you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:24 am 

That's what we used to do with my son. Pocket diaper with no liner for a swim diaper.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:39 am 

Brian,

That is very useful information about using pocket diapers as a swim diaper. :D I had not heard of that before.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:46 am 

Neither had I. You wouldn't believe how many adult "reusable swim diapers" I've tried out. Most were horrible, a few were mediocre, but a pocket diaper with just the terry liner actually works good. Not excellent mind you, but trying to contain small amounts of urine while submerged in water is a difficult task as is.

Believe it or not, the biggest problem is the small of your back, right at your waist line. It is naturally concave, which will always let water pour in no matter how good of a waterproof cover or elastic seals you have. Ultimately I just had to find a way to get something that will still work to contain at least some pee even while it is already soaked. A pocket diaper seems like it is literally the only thing that even comes close to doing just that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 pm 

My reusable SoSecure swim diaper works extremely well. The seal is so effective that, although not designed for pee, if you peed just a bit, it would totally contain it.

However, with active swimming, pool water still will get into the diaper, probably from the back. Before leaving the pool it is necessary to do what Brian mentioned and break the seal with a finger to let the water run out. If so pee is mixed in with the water, no harm done. :D

--John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:52 am 

I have one of those too. It is one of the ok ones I kept since it does work marginally. And yes, if you effectively stand still in the water it will keep a decent seal and won't swell up. However, move around or swim and they will balloon up with water quite a lot.