www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:46 pm 

Guys and gals,

This topic is for any travel with incontinence - domestic or international. Thanks to Msshendo for the suggestion.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:18 pm 

Best thing to do is contact your hotel ahead if time and find out how to make arrangements to have the diapers and supplies you need sent ahead of time from a local medical supply site.

When we head to Florida next year I will ship my supply's ahead of time to save having to bring them on the plane. Carry a few days supply with you incase your shipment greets delayed or lost.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am 

Also have a list of local medical supply houses nearby, "just in case" things really go completely wrong.

In a pinch, I've used two sources: 1) Amazon.com with prime shipping (fast) and/or 2) Walmart that carries Molicare (with free one day shipping to a local Walmart stor).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:48 am 

Has anyone suffered the indignant search of your diaper supplies in the airport security yet? I have had one young lady empty and entire package of Abriform M4s out on the table in front of me and search each one for contraband. After nothing was found I picked up what was left of my dignity and dropped all of my unfolded diapers in the trash bin. I new the two I kept would get me to my destination but the fluffed up remainders would not fit back in my bag. Small Kudos to the Supervisor of the security people for coming to my rescue and the apologise were made for my indignant treatment. I was sure I was on my way for a strip search and inspection of the diapers I had on. God willing I was saved that indignity.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:06 pm 

DJC,

Sorry to read about your experience. :( I am fortunate that during my travels TSA personnel have been very professional. However, I have been quick to demand a private inspection a couple of times to avoid what you experienced.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:37 am 

I have had the great feature of having my luggage sent ahead. I flew KLM to Frankfurt from my home and had a meetings an entire day before getting to my hotel. I had warned the hotel of my disabilities upon booking the room. Upon my arrival my luggage and contents had all been unpacked and shirts suits and ties all hung on wooden hangers. Diapers toiletries and supplies all in the master bathroom and an extra garbage bin had been provided. I also noticed a heavy mattress protector on the bed. I was put back a bit but first class service in a first class hotel is what I equated that to. I lived out of that room for two months and the service was fantastic, they emptied that bin twice a day. Hospital supply stores are very different in Germany but readily available with a great selection of diapers and other protective products just dam expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:52 pm 

When you are looking for competitive pricing in Europe have a look at www.saveexpress.de. I order there all my supplies online and get them shipped to Belgium. Good response and the lowest prices as far as I know.
Cheers Bob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:22 pm 

Djc, that was a wonderful hotel experience! :D

Bob, I previously had read a favorable comment about saveexpress.de. Pardon my ignorance, but do you have to be able to read German to use them?

--John

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:06 pm 

Hi John,
Officially the website offers the option to switch languages. In reality they did not translate too much. Fortunately brand names and "medium" "large" etc are used throughout the website. I do find their email responses sometimes cryptic, but they have a great record in delivery, quality and pricing. For me they are number one in my region in Europe. For example, they are on average I would say 30-40% cheaper than what you can buy in Belgium or the Netherlands.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:09 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but do you have to be able to read German to use them?

My bladder fails me no matter what language is printed on my diaper package. ;)

Sorry, I could not resist that. my mind went there immediately.

I use Google Chrome for a web browser, and it will translate web sites for me. Just right click anywhere blank on the page and click the menu option "Translate to English"