Disposables or cloth diapers? And why?
Post a reply

Comficare diapers

Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:44 am

The local pharmacy from which I have been buying Abena products has started to care a new (to them) product called Comficare, which is said to have a higher capacity than the Abena M4. I wonder whether any of you have tried Comficare and what you thoght of it.

I bought a bag of the Medium Comficares and discovered that they are smaller than any othe size-medium diaper I've ever tried. So I will have to throw them out. I'll probably try a bag of the large size next time I'm in the store.

Re: Comficare diapers

Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:05 am

I use Comficare M10, when I have to go for extended periods. They are comparable with dry 24/7 in terms of capacity. A bit bulky and yes, they do run small, but I manage their medium size anyway.

Tapes are strong and can be refastened.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 am

I did buy a bag of the Comficare size large and have tried a few of them. The have a huge capacity, mayby close to twice that of Abena level 4. However, they are extremely bulky, especially when wet. It's like wearing a pillow between your legs, and the bulge in your pants is impossible to hide. So my conclusion is that Comficare is more diaper than I really need or want for most occasions. I'll stick with my old reliable Abena Level 4.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Inconinmiss wrote:I did buy a bag of the Comficare size large and have tried a few of them. The have a huge capacity, mayby close to twice that of Abena level 4. However, they are extremely bulky, especially when wet. It's like wearing a pillow between your legs, and the bulge in your pants is impossible to hide. So my conclusion is that Comficare is more diaper than I really need or want for most occasions. I'll stick with my old reliable Abena Level 4.

-------------------

Sounds like these might be a good choice for overnight wear. Bulk is not an issue to me then.

Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:11 am

With jeans on top of them and a onesie to support it, there's no significant bulge. At least I have never been approached nor being pointed at when wearing the comficare - they are no more bulky than Abena or Molicare super Plus.
In regard to practical capacity, they are similar to Abena M4/L4 no more, however they have odor control which for me is really important - I don't want to smell of wet diaper as I do when wearing an Abena M4.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:35 am

I am between size L and M with Comficare. I chose L because it has a higher capacity.

I wear with bodystocking and leggings and a long blouse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leggings

Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:44 pm

Inconinmiss wrote:The local pharmacy from which I have been buying Abena products has started to care a new (to them) product called Comficare, which is said to have a higher capacity than the Abena M4. I wonder whether any of you have tried Comficare and what you thoght of it.

I bought a bag of the Medium Comficares and discovered that they are smaller than any othe size-medium diaper I've ever tried. So I will have to throw them out. I'll probably try a bag of the large size next time I'm in the store.

I use Comficare.

The mediums hardly came round me to fasten the tapes and I'm slim!

The large size is fine but this is a bulky nappy and noisy too so not very discreet.

Fantastic absorbency though.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:58 am

@inconinmiss: what pharmacy did you get them from, assuming you are in the US? I've yet to find the Comficare sold anywhere in the US.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm in Canada. I got them from Glen Erin Pharmacy in Mississauga, Ontario.
Post a reply