www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cold weather
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:06 am 

I hope with cold weather coming to not get any more rashes.

Post subject: Re: cold weather
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:58 pm 

Amen to that No more heat rashes :D Sandy :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:15 am 

Well the hot weather is back here in Wis. It was around 78 on Wednesday. around 70 yesterday. Not sure what today is going to be. Tomorrow it's supose to be up in the middle to upper 70's again and it's only March! I hope this isn't going to be a long HOT summer :?
.............................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:04 pm 

Can't believe this is only mid-March. Upper 70's this week and several more days again next week. Then it is supposed to cool into the 60's for a few days which is still above normal. No heat rashes yet. I'll be mowing the grass before long but I'm not putting the snowblower away just yet. It is still very early and I've got a feeling the heatwave won't last forever. It is still winter for a few more days.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:54 am 

Funny it's like summer was back and now it feels like spring today 50's-60's Jane got out of the office/showroom on wednesday to catch some rays it was 80 something out :wink: We have a few pontoon's that needed cleaning so she volunteered. Poor girls was wearing black shorts. She came back in the show room said wow is it hot out there :!: She told me with the sun beating on her she couldn't tell whether she was wet because of her bladder or from sweating :? That's one thing that really sucks about being in diapers in the summer. I don't know how you people stand it year around down south :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 pm 

I've also been reminded of the warmer weather & the joys of being "suited up" during the warm weather. Had to mow the other day here in Northern Illinois and after about 15 minutes I became fully aware once again of what the heat brings on!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:19 pm 

We've been keeping the air off here at home to try and save some extra money. It isn't too bad, but the ambient temperature is up high enough that I've woken up in a "wet" diaper a few afternoons, only to find out it was just sweat (I don't wet the bed every night, just most of them).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:09 pm 

I have started getting so raw it hurts to walk. With every step I feel pain. Times like this I wish I was notmal more so than others.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:33 pm 

Sandy wrote:
Amen to that No more heat rashes :D Sandy :)
Fortunately in the UK we don't get too much heat in the Summer. This year was my first while having to deal with night time incontinence and I didn't have too many problems. For me it is the cold that is more of a hassle as I tend to dribble more during the day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:37 pm 

I have noticed I too seem to have more leaking in the colder months. But for me, It is not that big a deal. It is coming out on it's own when it is time to. The reason I have been told there is more wetting when its cold is because first we don,t sweat off our fluids as much when it is cold. The other reason is because when we get cold, the body pulls the blood supply into the core of the body to help keep the core warm. With this increase of blood, the kidneys see it as a increase in fluids and then produces more pee.

Sounds logical to me and it has been my experience.