www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:04 pm 
Admin

Do you guys notice if you have more rashes caused by wearing plastic pants? I rarely get rashes with my Abena's but I'm wondering if the increased sweating and heat caused by plastic pants will cause me to get more rashes. All that moisture has to have a negative effect on my bottom. So I'm just wondering what your take is??? What has been your experience?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:41 am 

Actually I do think that has a lot to do with the rash for me personally. I am on my feet and moving all week doing my job and on the weekends working outside doing yardwork, riding my motorcycle or fishing from the pontoon. I think as I get heated from work or the sun, my tolerance to plastic pants or even plastic-coated disposables some of the time, becomes a breeding ground for either diaper rash, or maybe I've got some allergy to the plastic, but during the cooler months it's almost non-existent. I tend to be vigilant and use the pull-up type diapers more during the hot weather and just change much more often than usual using lots of Desitin Creamy at that rash spot for me where the legs meet the body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:43 pm 

I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants to work a few time a week, but if it is hot out and I know I'm going to be active I tend to go for the thinnest disposable possible that still provides adequate protection. Less material means I stay cooler, which reduces the possibility of heat rash, it also means less chance of chafing.

If you are going to go with cloth in the hot months I'd suggest using something as thin as possible and changing often. You might also want to consider cloth lined or covered plastic pants to keep the material from rubbing against your legs so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:39 pm 
Admin

Puddleguy,
The plastic pants are for my disposable diapers. I tried cloth but it just wasn't for me. I wear Kins Lowriders. I like the fit and it supports the diaper like a concealer while protecting me against bowel leakage. The plastic pants do not rub my inner thighs that I have noticed. The pant fits pretty well and so far I have no chaffing. I have been using powder as well to help keep me drier. The pant feels like it fits and is custom made. But it isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:14 pm 

I mostly wear cloth and I have not had any rashes due to wearing plastic pants that I am aware of. In my experience heat will build up in whatever type of diaper I wear be it cloth or disposable. I'm lucky that I seldom get any type of diaper rash. The only times I have gotten rashes it was due to being in a wet diaper for longer than normal periods. If I can change every 8 hours or so and clean myself well then I stay rash free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:13 pm 
Admin

Really, the only place I have ever got a rash was in the creases of my legs like right in my groin. It was terrible and required a prescription. It was caused by wearing cloth backed disposables that rubbed against my legs. I don't want anything like that again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:50 am 

I haven't had a diaper (heat rash) in so many years that I can't even remember when. What I did have was actually a yeast infection. Nothing I tried did any good, until I went the Dr and got a prescription. That was probably 20+ years ago.
I didn't think guys got yeast infections, guess I was wrong!