www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: rashes
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:20 pm 
Having a diaper rash is a real pain in the butt.
Its real important to deal with it BEFORE it gets real bad.
When you do a diaper change, use a baby wipe with Aloe, it will help keep your skin healthy, also, dont wait too long to change your diaper.
The longer you wait to change, the better chance that you will get a rash.

Post subject: rashes
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:25 pm 
That's so true. I recently ended up with a bad yeast infection . Had to go to the doctor to get cream to kill it... It was a real pain in the butt...

Post subject: Test
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:31 am 
Hi schoppy---

Just trying to see how this post goes.

Many Thanks--joe schmoe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:58 pm 

For me, preventing diaper rash involves good hygiene, which in turn involves shaving, frequent soap-and-hot water washing, Desitin or another barrier cream, and not spending too much time in wet or soiled diapers. Carl

Post subject: Dealing with Diaper Rash
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:44 am 

Hygene is the key to prevent "the rash". I took someones advice some years ago and shaved, not my mustache but down below. I found, once I looked at the hair problem from a logical point of view, that the hair was providing a good breeding ground for rashes. I keep it short but would gladly get rid of it all if I knew how. Anyway, since the trimming the occurances of rashes have dropped considerably. I do use a skin protectant that helps as well. Is there some sort of hair remover for very tender areas? Just thought I would ask. Thanks.
Schoe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:06 am 

Schoe,
There are depilatory creams, such as Nair. However, when I tried them, I had only the mildest rash; nevertheless, when the cream hit the rash, my skin bled profusely. The bathroom clean-up took a solid thirty minutes, and I ruined three towels. Carl

Post subject: Things to avoid
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:20 am 

I have found that my diet can dictate a rash. I use to get some nasty Rashes. But I've found that when I got rid of foods with allot of acids such as Coffee and sodas and allot of junk foods my rashes decreased allot. also another one to stay away from is greasy foods as well. I spend a fair amount of time in a wet brief during the day often not by choice. But more because it wouldn't be convenient to go and change. I'm one that wets all the time I have little to no control of my bladder I wear the more high end Briefs which does help. Also I swear by Johnson and Johnson medicated baby powder at every change. My two cents........Sandy

Post subject: Diaper rash
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:59 pm 

Good points, Sandy, most never think about diet and the effects it can have on something like diaper rash!

Tho I am seldom troubled by diaper rash, I have known the wicked itching and discomfort it causes.

I'd like to see a bit more about shaving since those who shave, swear by it, but I am one who tried shaving and swear AT it. Only did it once and never again!

Comments, anyone?

Post subject: Shaving
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:46 pm 

I once tried to shave and kept my self hairless down there for about a month. It didn't really help as far as a diaper rash, but it was just easier to clean up during my diaper change. I have never been bothered by a diaper rash. I do have problems some times with itching though. I believe the shaving helped there. My wife really didn't like it, though. I think it made me more look like a baby while she saw me diaper myself. I let it grow back, but I do keep it trimed short. Clean-up is a little easier with it short. .....Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:12 pm 

Hi Guys
My two cents says it up to you?? I went for many years without any hair down there when I use to deal with rashes. But now I don't get many anymore. I did have one bad episode in late July last year that I shaved myself and for me it does help when treating a rash to be hairless. But I agree with paul I also try to keep it short down there most of the time anyway. The worst part about shaving yourself clean is when it grows back it ITCHES :shock: !! ...............My two cents Sandy