www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 pm 
Admin

This stuff is available at CVS. It comes in a small green container for about $9. It works so well for treating diaper rash. I use it on myself and on my toddler child. I have never seen anything clear up a diaper rash as fast as this stuff. My son has very sensitive skin with eczema and he occasionally gets a blistering diaper rash. This stuff clears it up in like 1 day. The rash will be gone and the skin healed. I can not recommend this stuff enough. It works better than desitin, and boudreaux's butt paste. I had never heard about this stuff until my mother in law told my wife and I about it. I just wanted to share this information to those of you out there who may not know about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:17 am 
Admin

I have not tried Bag Balm Diaper Rash Ointment.
Thank-you for the recommendation on it. :) :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 pm 

I use bag balm all the time when I get diaper rash. It is the only product I have found that works every time and quickly. You can also buy it at any feed store.

Terry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:36 am 

One of the best things about our forum is the tips you find; and products that work for diaper rash that are not thought of as diaper rash remedies. Bag Balm is one such product; it is made by Dairy Association Co in Vermont and the active ingredient is 8-Hydroxyquinoline sulfate 0.3% in a petrolatum lanolin base.

Another tip from a long time back is to use dandruff shampoo to wash your diaper area. The active ingredient is Pyrithione zinc. I find it to be a great preventative to use dandruff shampoo all the time.

Desitine is one of the best known products specifically formualted for diaper rash with it's active ingredient being zinc oxide. Desitine may seem to be expensive compared to other diaper rash ointments but compare the amount of zinc oxide; I think only Desitine provides 40% zinc oxide; the others contain considerably less.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 am 
Admin

Interesting observation Joe. I believe the bag balm is used for the dairy cow's udders when they become chapped in the milking process. Either way, I just know it works on diaper rash. It helps to heal chapped skin. I practice regular changing of my pads so I seldom get a rash. If I leak stool, I change immediately and avoid sitting in it for long periods. I utilize regular intervals of sitting in my leather chair on a towel airing my skin out. I do it daily and hardly ever get a rash.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:10 pm 

Another thing that helps me avoid the dreaded rash is not using disposable diapers unless absolutley necessary

Terry