www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:28 pm 

Yet again, i have a sore spot on my tailbone.. just above the crack..not as as bad as it was.. im gonna try and nurse it with reg rash cream.. would lamasil work on that i wonder? You can get lamisil without a prescription right? I don't feel like going to my doc and asking for another prescription for nystatin. :P I'm seeing a doctor soon enough, my neurologist.. and besides the rash is really nothing to worry about. My GP said he sees that rash all the time in people who aren't incontinent. It has to do with the sweat my body produces while wearing a diaper.. so.. maybe i should start powdering..but that's a bit messy.. any ideas on how i can reap the sweat free benefits of powder without getting my carpet all messy?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:50 pm 

Don't use powder where there is carpet?..............Sandy :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:47 am 

but also powder makes a dusty mess.....unfortuneately.

Still, I've always used powder for leg and waist bands of plastic pants after pulling the pants on over a diaper and settling the bands where they will ride for the day. This operation is much dustier than sprinking powder on sensitve areas while lying on fresh cloth diaper about to be pinned on. I prefer cornstarch which seems to be even finer and makes more dust that settles everyplace.

With disposables you have to be ultra careful to avoid getting powder on the diaper covering or tapes....powder will cause the tapes to fail! You need to powder your skin away from the diaper and wash the powder off your hands before handling the fresh disposable diaper.

Confine your powdering area to one small area and minimize the shaking the container....gently sprinkle powder onto a hand and then wipe the powder onto your skin with the hand to cut down on powder going air borne to settle elsewhere.

But you still need to keep the vacuum cleaner handy and dust the nearby furniture a whole lot more than otherwise would be necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:00 am 

Hey Joe GOOD TO SEE YOUR STILL ALIVE!!

Why is it people seem to have this need to spread the powder with their hands on thier body?? Ever since I can remember I've always just lay ed the diaper out on a chair toilet etc. Sprinkled a liberal amount of powder front to back in the diaper and sat down on it and put it on :?: It's no wonder people have troubles with powder on their hands and the tapes landing zones etc. It's very rare I have a problem getting powder were it doesn't belong messing up the tapes.

Corn starch Baby Powder is by far the way to go. I can't imagine what it would be like to wear a diaper without it :shock:

........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:38 am 

I don't use powder. I've been using A&D cream after I shower in the morning and again at night before bed and a rash cream instead of the A&D when needed. Does using power make that much of a difference?

Sandy, I tried the Lamisil as you suggested about a week ago and to my surprise it really does work very well.

John

Last edited by johnstone on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:36 am 

In my case, i don't have to worry about the tabs not sticking.. the diapers I use have the velcro tabs, that are very refastnenable, thus, ive used less gloves. Hmm.. applying powder where there isn't carpet is a challenge.. unless i do it in the bathroom which has cramped space.. suppose it could work.. ill try it.. i have poor fine motor control, so i'm not as coordinated as some of you are with shaking powder and whatnot..which is why i don't have a lot of luck with sticky tape tabs.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:14 pm 

Have I missed something? Over the years, I've used powers and didn't think it really did much. I still get a rash from time to time, but I use A&D at least twice a day and if I begin to fell the onset of a rash I use a rash cream. Does the use of power really make that much of a difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 pm 

Well it's always worked for me :) I use the J&J Medicated Corn Starch Powder at every change.....................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:41 am 

Sandy,

I will try using powder again and see how well it works. Your suggestion about Lamisil was very accurate. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:53 pm 

Credit for the Lamisil will have to go to Jane. :wink: I'll let her know it worked for you when I get back out to the Shop :D ..........Sandy :)