www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:58 pm 

Is right below the tailbone right at the top of the butt crack..its a bit hard to put cream there.. any creative ideas on how to deal with and prevent this?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:39 am 

Put the rash cream on ANY place that's sore, or causing you problems. If the rash doesn't get any better after a day, or two, don't wait....call you doc's office and ask for a prescription. You don't want to let the problem get any worse by waiting to long. You'll know in a day, or two if the rash cream is working. One of the best products I've found for a rash is called Butt Paste. Funny name but 99% of the time this stuff works for me.

Post subject: Rash treatment
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:11 pm 

Hi--

I tend to use Aveeno Diaper creme on occasion, but when there is something more uncomfortable, I use clotrimazole cream. I read some time ago that diaper rash is a fungal-type infection, and responds to fungicide creams, such as for yeast infections or athlete's foot. Clotrimazole creme (1%) is available over the counter at almost any pharmacy. Works for me!

Gimwet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:16 am 

Thanks, i already have a presrciption for nystatin and trimocolone, im on my second refill though..no worries..ill get thru it.. I think the most annyoing parts of incontinence are the hygine hassles, the skin issues, and changing in public.. The rest i can handle with no big deal..don't really care who knows in the family about my diapers..while i don't go around telling everyone about it, I'm much less paranoid about ppl finding out.. my younger sister probably knows because shes seen them in the coat closet.. but she hasn't said a word.. I don't care really..complete 180 from a few months ago..after a while.. u really do stop caring about who the hell knows.. and just get on with your life..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:08 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
Is right below the tailbone right at the top of the butt crack..its a bit hard to put cream there.. any creative ideas on how to deal with and prevent this?

Thats usually where I get sore usually a couple of days after a really wet night no matter how well I shower and wash the area and apply cream. Fortunately it only lasts a short while.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:20 pm 

I know this is way late, but I get a spot at the top of the ass crack also. I find that a pea sized dab of "BAG BALM" works wonders and is cheap in bulk from any farm store, tractor supply...some walmarts...
The cream was made for cow udders. Works well on gimp-people bottoms, too.
This cream does not allow for poop odor to remain on the skin, either.
Very good for any dry skin cracking. For me, better than butt paste.