www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:09 am 

I shaved a couple times. Never again. I seldom get a rash from wearing diapers but when I shaved my skin down there turned into rash central. Once I got the rash under control I suffered with the prickly stinging of my pubic hair growing back. Other than an occasional itch I don't really suffer with diaper rash. I do get a heat rash once and a while when it is hot out but I can take care of this with a cool washcloth and a little airing out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:56 am 

I have shaved completely, but it makes me sticky when I sweat, or have wet. I now, and for the last year - trim down with grooming shears at the lowest setting. It leaves just a bit of hair, but alleviates the stubble prickliness. It seems to help with the "stickiness" issue, as well.

I also don't use crams. They make for a sticky feeling, nor do I use any powders - because when sweating or wetting - it gets clumpy and uncomfortable.

Hope this helps

-

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 pm 
Admin

I use Venus razors for women to shave down there. I used to be a swimmer and shaved my whole body except my head. They work quite well and are very sharp. I notice that when I start to get razor burn that it is time to replace them. They cost like $7 or so at Walmart or your local drug store. I also use Aveeno baby lotion to apply on my more sensitive areas with baby powder. But I only use the baby powder at night. I don't want to smell like a baby while I'm out and about all day.

Post subject: Re: Shaving ??????
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:32 pm 

I have been shaving down there for years. It does help to stay clean.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:57 am 

diaperdan wrote:
I have been shaving down there for years. It does help to stay clean.

Same here for probably 20 years, sure helps when you have fecal problems like I did a couple nights ago. Glad I had two pairs of plastic pants on too!! One regular and one bloomer over that, otherwise I'd have been changing the bed too. As it was my wife didn't even notice.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:44 pm 

I have found a great product to remove the hair. Go to Dollar General, look in the hair care area and look for Magic Shaving Powder. Black folks use it to remove the hair on their faces. Just mix up a paste and put it on the areas you don't want hair, wait about 7-8 minutes and jump into the shower. Presto no more hair! and you don't have to work about cutting yourself either!!