Switch to full style
How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Rash Creams Cause Burning?

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:37 am

Has anyone used a barrier cream that caused a “burning sensation” after application? I cannot tell if this is a evidence that the cream is working it’s way into my skin or if it is a skin reaction (I have MCAS so topical stuff tends to get me). It causes a bit of this on my hand as well, to be fair my hands but not too much. It seems to be temporary (dies down in about 3-5 minutes). I currently do not have a rash but apply regularly to prevent one; I usually get it over with in the AM/PM and using better wicking diapers helps.

Anyway, am I just crazy or is this a thing? Haha thanks!

Re: Rash Creams Cause Burning?

Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:40 am

I don't think you are crazy :wink: I have sensitive skin and can get rashes from changing brands of makeup, laundry soap, dryer sheets etc.. I haven't experienced anything like that with rash cream.
I use Parent's choice diaper rash ointment when I need it.

Re: Rash Creams Cause Burning?

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:31 pm

You might want to put some cream on a non-irritated area of sensitive skin like inner thigh, inner side of arm, etc. That might tell you if it’s simply a sensitivity to the cream. If the cream is “medicated” and not simply a barrier cream, maybe have a closer look at the contents.
I’ve tried several creams like some that contain Aloe that are easy on the skin. I’ve had my fair share of rashes (!!)
Post a reply