www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:27 am 

I thank God, I haven't had to deal with diaper rash as of yet. I am always trying different things, oils, lotions, powder, all the normal stuff but depending on what diaper I am using I have found that some of these items will break the diaper down quicker, and even though powder feels nice, I hate the clumps that are left to clean up from being wet.

This may sound strange and out there, but after watching commercials and realizing that this product does work in another area of the body, why not try it as wetness protection against diaper rash. What I am talking about is underarm deodorant. I have used the clear gel or clear rub on. My thought if it keeps your sweat in, then it just might help keep the urine out. Well for me it does work and help, plus no one can tell or smell anything because it's the same brand I use under my arms.

Is there anything else out there, that others have used that wouldn't be considered the norm, lotion, powder and or such?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:32 am 

Yes, I've tried dandruff shampoo. It works well for treating, and preventing, rashes. I use it about once every other week, and leave it on the affected area for only a few minutes. Haven't had a rash in YEARS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:51 am 

Sounds good because it happens rarely and is a very uncommon thing,keeping yourself busy with all can be a helpful thing so yeah i guess what worked for you is very good.

Intouchemr physical therapy emr