Switch to full style
How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Skin discoloration from repeat rashes?

Sat May 26, 2018 7:14 pm

Does anybody else have a problem with discolored skin from multiple rashes. I have been incontinent and have used diapers for ten years. I’ve had my share of rashes no matter how much I change. I suffer from chronic diarrhea with incontinence and it burns my skin. I try to change immediately but it is not always possible. I have also had several fungal infections from being in a wet environment. It occurs on my inner thighs in my groin region where my legs rub against my diapers. My legs in this area have become a much darker shade and are discolored compared to other parts of my body. My wife is a nurse on a cardiac floor and works with patients in diapers all the time. She said its from wet environments and irritation. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Skin discoloration from repeat rashes?

Sun May 27, 2018 8:45 am

maybe not alot darker. but different? yes. only way to keep it from being worse is quick changes for acidic episodes and cleaned and barrier protected as best as possible
other than that I would defer to your wife as she has probably seen hundreds of different cases similar .
Post a reply