Switch to full style
How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Blisters in diaper area

Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:44 am

Lately I have noticed watering blisters in my diaper area. They do not hurt or anything, and when I gently scratch they puncture and a little fluid comes out. But I do get marks on my buttocks from them.
They started to appear just after summer, maybe the hot weather and not airing out caused it? I used to use only plasticbacked diapers as I felt more secure in these compared to clothlike disposables. I tried different brands of diapers, but still plastic backed only. As plasticbacked diapers contain smell of wet diaper better. But after several months dealing with these blisters I finally gave in, and bought some disposables with clothlike shells. It helped a bit, but I still get a few of these blisters occasionally.
I use rashcream and powder almost dayli, and baby oil at night when changing into my clothdiaper when at home.
I don't have any other rash other than these blisters.

For the record I have been in diapers 24/7 due to urge incontinence for close to 5 years, and this is the first time I have ever experienced such a problem.

Re: Blisters in diaper area

Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:15 am

Hi JMS,

Since these blisters are something new that you haven't previously experienced, it may be worth a visit to your GP to see if something else is going on. Have you recently gained or lost weight, changing how your diaper fits? Changed the creams/lotions you use? It could be a reaction to something in those products. Even if you didn't introduce something new to the mix, it is possible that you have developed an allergic reaction over time.

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:15 am

Yes, that also came to my mind. Forgot to say, these blisters are the size of pimples not big but still annoying.
I haven't changed anything in regard to my setup in protection during all these years.

But I'll take the advice and go for an appointment

Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am

Also was thinking, did you change laundry detergents?

Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 pm

I am highly allergic to many of the laundry detergents out there. But I don’t get blisters, I get a rash all over my body where the cloths are. Still, I agree, it’s something to check out as a possibility. Benadryl helps me with rashes.
Post a reply