www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Blisters in diaper area
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:44 am 

Lately I have noticed watering blisters in my diaper area. They do not hurt or anything, and when I gently scratch they puncture and a little fluid comes out. But I do get marks on my buttocks from them.
They started to appear just after summer, maybe the hot weather and not airing out caused it? I used to use only plasticbacked diapers as I felt more secure in these compared to clothlike disposables. I tried different brands of diapers, but still plastic backed only. As plasticbacked diapers contain smell of wet diaper better. But after several months dealing with these blisters I finally gave in, and bought some disposables with clothlike shells. It helped a bit, but I still get a few of these blisters occasionally.
I use rashcream and powder almost dayli, and baby oil at night when changing into my clothdiaper when at home.
I don't have any other rash other than these blisters.

For the record I have been in diapers 24/7 due to urge incontinence for close to 5 years, and this is the first time I have ever experienced such a problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:15 am 

Hi JMS,

Since these blisters are something new that you haven't previously experienced, it may be worth a visit to your GP to see if something else is going on. Have you recently gained or lost weight, changing how your diaper fits? Changed the creams/lotions you use? It could be a reaction to something in those products. Even if you didn't introduce something new to the mix, it is possible that you have developed an allergic reaction over time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:15 am 

Yes, that also came to my mind. Forgot to say, these blisters are the size of pimples not big but still annoying.
I haven't changed anything in regard to my setup in protection during all these years.

But I'll take the advice and go for an appointment

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:34 am 

Also was thinking, did you change laundry detergents?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:08 pm 

I am highly allergic to many of the laundry detergents out there. But I don’t get blisters, I get a rash all over my body where the cloths are. Still, I agree, it’s something to check out as a possibility. Benadryl helps me with rashes.