www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diaper rub
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:03 am 

I've been wearing the Members Mark briefs this weekend from Sam's Club. I liked the old ones with the plastic backing they made a little noise but for the money they were pretty good for a middle of the road diaper.

Well of course they had to change the backing to the cloth like backing. The protection appears to be the same. The tapes can be pealed and reapplied several times being they are Velcro. They don't seem to fit my shape to bad.

But the bad part is I seem to get a bad rub rash which feels more like rug burn then a rash. So let me rename it Rub Burn. I got a case of these sometime back I've been trying to use them up here and there. Whats funny is I don't seem to get the Rub Burn from the first or second brief its most of the time it seems it's like the second day of wearing them after I've worn 4-5 or 6 in a row. Mind you I try to wear these when I know I'm going to be close to home and won't be doing allot of walking.

I wear the Tena Ultras and the Prevails as well with the cloth backing from time to time even away from home and at this time of year I rarely get a Rub Rash. But in hot weather I tend to get it with these as well. Any one else have any thoughts on the subject.

...................... :) Sandy :)

Post subject: Diaper Rub
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:50 am 

Sandy,
I've been wearing the Tena cloth like diaper for a number of years. That's one thing I don't have a problem with(rub rash). It's strange it effects you that way. Only thing I would suggest is to swap back in forth between cloth back and plastic back diapers.
I'm about to switch back to plastic backed disposables since I'm having a problem with the new Tena diaper. Yhey stick to each other, and when I try to pull them apart, they get pin holes. I've had several leaks and have had wert pants :oops: . .................Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:54 am 

Well yes I do switch back and forth. I was just trying to use these up. I'm not using cloth this week because well you know it's that time :? . Enough said there.

But no the tenas don't do it to me as bad. I had that before were they seem to stick together that's a pain. I had a bad case of Molicares sometime back that had little pin holes in the crotch area and slowly leaked through :oops: .......Sandy

Post subject: Members Mark diaper
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:42 pm 

Sandy,
I was in Sam's today and did notice they have gone to the cloth like outer covering. How do their tapes work? Is it like the old Tena desgn or something else? Those diapers are so cheap, I've been tempted to try those. Thanks for your opinion! ...................Paul(Martin)

Post subject: Members mark
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:04 pm 

The tapes are the Velcro type and seem to work rather well. Give them a try I'd like to know what you think of them and how they work for you.

...........Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:15 pm 

I wore the cloth backed members mark most of the weekend and didn't get a rub burn on the inside of my legs :shock: You tell me :?: ...Sandy

Post subject: Rub rash
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:37 am 

Sandy,
I was just wondering if the filling in that type diaper has anything to do with it. Seems like the more absorbant gels in the ctotch area would expand more to rub against your legs. The less gels there are, the less swelling up and also no rubbing on the inside of your leg? What do you think? ......................Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:54 pm 

You might have something there. The members marks don't swell that much as others but they do seem a little more stiff as compared with other briefs.............Sandy

Post subject: ointments
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 pm 
Admin

Of all the different type of creams and ointments that are out on the market, the one that I find is best on dealing with those nasty rashes is "Boudreaux's Butt Paste". :lol: I know it has a funny name but it really works fast and has a pleasant scent.

I found it at the local department store in the baby section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:58 pm 

This is a good point, because i recently decided to stop using wings supreme. For December's supply infusement, i chose to split the order between attends breathable and Tena Ultra. I will still wear my nylon pants. That has been a good prophylactic. I have never had a diaper leak on me in public even when i flooded, that i know of. Of course i always used boosters when my incontience was going to be more demanding and didnt get a chance to use a toilet I got fed up with wings supreme because of the tapes, they SUCK! the absorbency of the diaper isnt bad, and will easily take a full bladder one time, though requires an immediate change. So, the problem isnt that theyre not absorbent enough. The problem is the tapes are terrible. Sometimes i waste 4 or 5 diapers just trying to get one on..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II