www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:29 pm 

jms wrote:
Hos does a yeast infection show? Itching in the crotch area?

I can't tell if I have a rash or a yeast infection, what I do know is when I get this intense feeling of my crotch area itching and start scratching even with the diaper on I get a big relief, almost to the point of intense pleasure afterwards I feel sore down there and it kind of burns when I wet.

I'm using rash creams and powder on a daylight basis and with every diaper change, but still, it hasn't gone away, have had it for more than a month now, and it is driving me crazy....

Yea, that's the thing. They present themselves as a rash, except they just won't go away. A really bad one, but still just like a rash. And rash creams & powers are totally ineffective. At its worst, the area will be red raw and slightly swollen. You might even have a clear discharge from it too, if its horribly bad.

Just about any anti-bacterial cream or spray will work to get rid of it. Lotramin or Dr.Schols is good, there is also an anti fungal powder called zeasorb. They are all available over the counter at most any pharmacy. If you don't see an improvement in a few day (it should be gone in a week or two), then you will need to see your doctor to get something stronger.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:36 pm 

jms,

A yeast or fungal infection is a common skin infection that can occur with diaper rash, such as Candida albicans or Candidiasis. Candidiasis is likely to occur with warm, moist skin. It commonly has a red central area with sharp borders and red pustules along the periphery. This rash may persist in spite of your efforts to treat with home remedies by keeping the affected area clean and dry and using barrier creams.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:45 am 

Thanks,
Well my situation has gotten worse, so worse, that I had to go get some really high grade 40% zink ointment. Also looking at my crotch I see dried out blisters...and when I get wet, I get a really bad burning feeling, when wetness reaches these areas.

I'm trying to dry out in between diaper changes, and trying in a gentle way to clean the area by dubbing with the towel.

I'm wondering if there are any recommendations for special creams, soaps etc. like what you use for babies, I wonder how many more bullets I have to bite due to incontinence.
Prior to this I have now, I have had "irritations" in my diaper area, but nothing as bad as this I currently are experiencing.

I skipped powder and barriercreme for some time, as I ran out, this I'll never do again, rather overdo it than experiencing this again, it's way too painfull, and right now powder makes cleaning a hassle, so I only use zink ointment currently.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:28 pm 

I've been there. Lived through it FOR A YEAR before I realised it wasn't just a rash. And I'm telling you no amount of zinc is going to help. You need an anti-fungal! Lotramin or Dr.Schols. Spray or cream, doesn't really matter. It will likely be cleared up in a matter of days.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:42 am 

if Not a Fungal issue than I really like the Calmoseptine i normally use it on chronic problem areas that would have issues if not using the stuff
use the regular walmart rash ointment on all other areas. my trouble spots being the scrotum and crotch to leg creases .and of course changing when needed
reason I dont use the calmoseptine all over is the cost. pretty pricey