www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airing out
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:55 pm 

So we al know airing out is really good to combat rashes and such. Trouble is the possibility of accidents. What do y'all do to air out but ensure that accidents are okay?

Post subject: Re: Airing out
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:18 pm 

Hi Travis

The best way I find is to put an oversized washable absorbant pad on a chair, then unfold a diaper and sit on the diaper this way if you start to pee you can pull the diaper up in front to catch the leak.

This has worked great for me and if you don't catch the leek quickly the absorbant pad all catch it before it hits the chair

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:42 pm 

Hi Travis

Silmilar to rob I have strategically placed pull-us and chair pads around the house for emergency situations Rob will try the diaper trick.

I was initially caught out by the front door-bell and frantically searching for something to put on whilst my daily air out happens and this was annoying. My advisor who is a big fan of air out time radically suggested that I wear a ladies sports skirt as this had two purposes one to save the embarrisment and panic of the front door and two to give free access when emergencies happen. I have found that this works well took a bit of getting to grips with however anything to stop a rash and infection I will embrace as part of my incontinence. I only had one person ask why as a male I wear a sports skirt and I replied that I have a skin condition in a sensitive area and I am following medical advice and this worked a treat and the embarrisment was turned around I did smile a bit.

I hope this helps

Greenbank

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:33 pm 

I do similar thing as the pad, only I don't bother with washable ones. I usually get puppy wee wee pads and they work well. Also I usually clean out before I air out to avoid messy accidents :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:13 pm 

For airing out, I choose a time when I can expect to be alone in the house, take a bathrobe into the bathroom in case I need to leave in a hurry, then sit on the toilet for 20-30 minutes with a good book.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:24 pm 

I time my airing out immediately after self-intermittent catheterizing. As I have just drained my bladder, that gives me a limited "safe" period during (30 - 45 minutes) during which I can air out with minimal risk of a leak. :D At other times I sit on a disposable absorbent pad.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:09 pm 

rob110 wrote:
Hi Travis

The best way I find is to put an oversized washable absorbant pad on a chair, then unfold a diaper and sit on the diaper this way if you start to pee you can pull the diaper up in front to catch the leak.

This has worked great for me and if you don't catch the leek quickly the absorbant pad all catch it before it hits the chair

Hi Rob

Thank you ever so much for you advice the diaper trick worked a treat yesterday this community is great.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:48 pm 

I use a baby diaper to catch and dribbling while I lay on my bed (with bed pad for just in case). I also have my ceiling fan on high, which really dries me out quickly. After just a few minutes I'm fully dried out and ready to re-diaper. I'll do this right after my morning shower, and again as I'm getting ready for bed. I also very seldom, if-ever, have rashes so I must be doing something right.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:58 pm 

I've thought of buying a hand held fan to speed up the process... anyone else tried this?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:43 pm 

Not a fan per say, but when in a hurry I have used a blow dryer (on low heat).