Switch to full style
How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Lotrimin Powder Spray

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:40 am

I don't know if this has been said before, but I find that when I get rashes it's also often a fungal irritation/jock itch. So I use Lotrimin powder spray where I get that (usually around the leg gathers of my diapers) and it helps immensely. The liquid spray doesn't work at all for me though, just burns. I usually combine it with Desitin and it kills that rash quick.

Anyone else find this helps?

Re: Lotrimin Powder Spray

Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Yes, I have used Lotrimin powder spray for an itch that occasionally persists near the leg gathers on my diapers. I have never combined it with desitin though. Do you use the desitin first???

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Lotrimin then desitin. Though I sometimes air out and just let the lotrimin work for a while

Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Bumping this. I wish someone would have said this 20 years ago. I once had a massively bad rash that lasted for well over a year. It would not go away no matter how much diaper cream I used or airing out I did. Eventually I had to bring it up to my doctor because it was so bad and raw to the point of bleeding. He prescribed me an anti-fungal cream and it was cleared up in about a week.

Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Is this an OTC or do I need a prescription? I am finding I need something like this because I'm hot natured and sweat a lot.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:50 pm

Porkchop wrote:Is this an OTC or do I need a prescription? I am finding I need something like this because I'm hot natured and sweat a lot.

OTC, it's usually for athlete's foot or jock itch.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks Travis!
Post a reply