Switch to full style
How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Cuts on my thighs

Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:43 pm

Recently I have noticed several small cuts or abrasions on my thigh where my diaper sits. Has anyone else had this issue, and if so what is causing it and how do I deal with it?

Re: Cuts on my thighs

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:23 pm

I get similar red marks from the bottom tapes, setting them higher doesn't really make much difference, I just live with it, they go away after a day or so. :? Puffy

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:31 pm

Based on where mine are located, it appears that they might be caused by the leg gatherers in the diaper? Dunno, but it hurts a bit and is certainly not comfortable. :(

Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:14 am

Have you tried baby powder? It may provide for less friction.

Wetters

Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:01 am

Porkchop,

That is not normal. :( You never should have a cut. How tight are the diaper's leg holes on you? How about the PUL pants?

--John

Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 am

Wetters: No, I haven't been using baby powder because when I've tried it in the past its gotten onto the tapes and the diaper wouldn't stay taped. Might have to revisit that again.

JD: The diapers haven't been that tight, just enough to stop it from falling off. And I haven't had the money to buy any PUL pants yet, so it is just the diaper and the boxer briefs at the moment.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:10 pm

That doesn't sound good! Try a different brand for a week or so and see if it heals up.

I get those cuts further down my thighs when I mow too close to the blackberries- never up there.

Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:14 pm

WetDad aka Tom,

I will try another brand and see what happens.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:00 pm

Ouch that dose not sound good. Please let us know how you make out. What brand caused this? Maybe something foreign got on/in them in the manufacturing process. I would give them a call about this. We were having issues with some of the prevail extended wear tapes ripping off. I called 1st quality and they were nice and sent another case. Even though it was only a few diapers per bag with the issue.

Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:59 am

I think I figured it out, I think it was caused by the way I diaper myself. I pre-tape the legs and then pull the diaper up like underwear, because self diapering is hard with my back issues and the pull-up styles don't work for me. Anyway, I think that as I pulled it up I think the leg gathers rubbed against my leg and cut me because the cuts were just outside where the diaper sits on my thigh.
Post a reply