www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Some tips to help.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:34 pm 

Seems this topic arises with some frequency.

In addition to packing along a well-stocked diaper/gym bag, you might consider restroom mapping. Learning the locations of all of the clean handicapped restrooms on your usual haunts, and keeping a running knowledge of the ETA to the nearest one at all times is at first a chore, then a life-saver, and, after a few years, becomes almost automatic.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:08 am 

Patrick wrote:
Seems this topic arises with some frequency.

In addition to packing along a well-stocked diaper/gym bag, you might consider restroom mapping. Learning the locations of all of the clean handicapped restrooms on your usual haunts, and keeping a running knowledge of the ETA to the nearest one at all times is at first a chore, then a life-saver, and, after a few years, becomes almost automatic.

With my PTSD I just don't get out often enough to do that, though knowing where the potties are is paramount when you've young kids. 8)

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:33 am 

Mike, I hope you start getting out more, I know its hard but I know you will one day I pray, military back pack are the best and installed a hook system in it. I made the hooks and had them sewn in to it. I have everything packed in it. The pack has a built in canteen with water in case there is a major mess. Sorry that how I was programed to have everything with me, to cover small to a catastrophic mess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:27 am 

MLHJR,

I get it, be ready for everything and anything with your Go Bag.... That was how the army wanted us to think. It is just I get stressed out by everything going on around me, but I am working on it.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 am 

I have found the soft sided diapers do not make a rash. If I use the plastic backed diaper I get a rash. I use petroleum jelly to protect my skin. It works well!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:40 am 

Hi All

In the UK there are a growing number of Changing Places see link below I have used them and are great. I have obtained a card from The Bladder & Bowel Community and it is reassuring how useful it has become when out and about. Using trucking facilities the shower rooms tend to have more room to change. Coastal places have marinas and harbours that have shower facilities and on asking I have gained assess to these shower rooms.

http://www.changing-places.org/the_camp ... lets_.aspx

Like in NCIS I always have a go bag ready I plan my day a bit. I use breathable diapers and have small pots of creams etc to save space.

Greenbank