www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boils on diaper area
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 pm 

I am struggling with boils on my bottom. What sorts of creams or techniques can I use to treat and prevent them? I wear Northshorecare supreme, abri form x plus and dry 24/7 diapers. And I recently started using aloe vesta disinfectant and conditioner creams

Post subject: Re: Boils on diaper area
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:17 pm 

That sounds really bad. Let your primary care physician see them, and get a referral to a dermatologist if necessary. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:57 pm 

kdlstar,

Listen to Patrick. Boils in a rash area could become infected quickly. :( You need to see a doctor quickly. Do not wait weeks for a routine appointment.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:32 pm 

I have seen a dermatologist months ago. She didn't really lance them but prescribed some cream and anti biotics
for me after getting a sample. She said it was negative for Staph.... idk
I will call my PCP office tomorrow and see if he can lance it later this week
These boils seem to be rather persistent... Got a ton of like marks on my bum & groin area from em....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:12 pm 

Seems like a "bum deal" :roll:

Sorry, could not resist that!

Good luck with your PCP.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:40 am 

Besides the PCP, try to see a different dermatologist. Skin issues "down there" can lead to serious complications if not handled quickly. Best wishes ... ILuvLA.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 pm 

Well I am not able to get an appt with my derma. until the 17th and my PCP won't have good availability until next Monday.
I used some heat pack on it and it seemed to be helping some.... Hopefully it wont be too bad. But I really wanna do something
to better control them and the scarring on the rear...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:38 pm 

Boils are serious business. I have a friend that is also a member of the VA Spinal Cord Injury clinic and story short, his boils got so bad that had to do a colostomy, and then surgery to remove the boils. He was an old person, and his wife passed a few years ago, so he was not able to care for himself, so he spent over 6 months in the VA rehab hospital waiting for everything to heal properly before he was final released. Even after he was released he required part time in home care for many months. Trust what everyone is telling you, boils are serious business.

I don't know if what I use would be of any help in your situation or not, but I would try a paste available from Medline called "Remedy". They manufacture different kinds so ONLY buy the paste that says "Calazime skin protection paste with zinc oxide". There is something in this paste that sooths the skins and takes away the pain. I'm sure you can buy it online, or even on eBay. VERY GOOD STUFF. This is MORE than a protection barrier paste, or cream. I think its worth a try.

DON'T wait too long,....if your boils get any worst to ANY degree, go to the hospital ER, if you can not see your doc any earlier than Sept 17th. Again, boils ARE SERIOUS!

Hope this helps.