www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Nappy rash
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:19 pm 

If you find that the rash is difficult to heal using the usual rash medications it may be that the rash isn't bacterial but is a fungal infection. There are various over the counter medications for that so you may want to talk to your Pharmacist and switch to one of those and see if that helps.

Another tip is if you wear plastic pants you may want to consider wearing side-snap PUL pants. The PUL fabric is somewhat breathable but the gaps between the side snaps really help keeping things much cooler. Of course due to the side openings the side-snap plastic pants aren't good for sleeping in.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:10 pm 

I have been using 3M Cavilon cream for a few days and it's awesome. I had a bad case of yeasty nappy rash, got some antibiotics and it really seems to be working. It's designed for IAD (incontinence associated dermatitis). A bit pricey though (I got a prescription however)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:59 am 

i was in pads then went on to using a spc catheter but i never thought i would still get nappy rash, the little stoma site leaks various fluids including urine which can travel between both legs and have on a few occasions been to the doctors to get it treated.

if you do get diaper nappy rash and it doesn't clear then don't be afraid of seeing a doctor as they would of seen it all before.

along with some cream i was also issued with antibiotic which shows how bad it can get.