www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:58 am 

my diaper leaked into my underwear (which i was glad i was wearing underwear on top of the diaper because it absorbed the urine and didnt get onto my shorts)
but the wetness rubbed on my legs and i couldnt get to a bathroom fast enough to change and a rash developed.
last night i used a cream which i had gotten from the medical pharmacy awhile ago which has vitamin a, e, and clove and just sat around without pants on. :P
it seemed to help and its less sore today.
annoying nonetheless!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:51 am 

justej, I am sure that we all feel your "pain," having been there. :(

Sitting around without a diaper or clothes to let things air out probably is the best thing you can do.

What rash cream are you using?

--John

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:41 pm 

Justej, We have all been there a time or two (or more). I find I often will get chaffing on my legs in the back that can develop into a rash very quickly. I will put a diaper cream on it and it will go away in a day or so. It's just something we have to deal with and be careful about. It helps to have the cream on hand in case you have a rash.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:25 pm 

Calmaseptine is a wonderful product. Try getting some from Amazon and try it out. It is reasonably priced. I have had a couple of trauma ward nurses tell me it is the best you can get for irritated skin.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 am 

justej,

All of us have had rash at one time or another. It's the pits, especially in this hot summer weather. I try to keep myself shaved, wash carefully at as many diaper changes as possible, and use Desitin (zinc oxide cream) and cornstarch powder at as many changes as possible. Some here recommend airing out, but my living situation makes that impossible.

Good luck and keep us informed. Whatever works is the sort of good news that benefits us all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:45 am 

Justej: Sadly, this happens; especially in warm and humid weather. You did the right thing ... air out.

Calmoseptine is great rash cream. I'd also recommend "Baby Magic Maximum Strength Diaper RX Rash Ointment". And for prevention on those super warm/humid days, I use "Baby Anti-Monkey Butt Diaper Rash Powder" (make sure it's their "Powder"; their Rash Cream is nothing to write home about). I find it much better than generic talc powder.

Hang in there ... it's a pain, but treatable.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:56 am 

Hi Justej

You have my sympathy too the below advice was invaluable to me all the best hope the rash improves.

http://www.incontinentsupport.org/chap6.php

Take care

Greenbank