How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Probiotics anyone?

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:25 pm

I only have urinary incontinence, but lately I have been having some issues with my bowels that has me wondering.

I have sudden abdominal cramps and usually make it to the bathroom on time. What comes out (every day) is almost diarrhea. Though I wipe my diaper area as soon as possible, it really burns. I use wet wipes afterward to make certain that it is as clean as possible, and that REALLY burns to do that. So I constantly have a bad case of painful flaming anus. (sorry for the image) It will last for weeks at a time, then suddenly go away, only to reappear later.

Anybody every try using pro-biotics to control such bowel issues? How did it work?

Re: Probiotics anyone?

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:13 pm

I tried them a while back and I thought they were a terrific waste of money. I don't think they did anything for me. I saw no improvement of any sort.

Re: Probiotics anyone?

Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:46 am

Wetdad,

Don't use Wet Wipes It is better to use a wipe intended for incontinence. The ingredients in those should not cause any burning sensation. I'm bowel incontinent and use a fair amount of wipes. Most incontinence wipes will serve well but I use the large Tranquility wipes. The larger size really helps and you usually can fold them and use the other size. I keep some in a zip-lock bag in my "go" kit when I am away from home.

--John
Post a reply