www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: After the rash
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:25 am 

A question for the veterans out there. A few months ago I had my first bout with a yeast rash. It got pretty bad before I got it under control. Since then I think I had one relapse but it was mainly due to I don't think I was totally over the first one when it came back.
Yesterday after a few hours of yard work, I noticed some of the small red blotchy marks as before just nowhere near as bad. Difference is this does not itch, before I wanted to scratch the skin right off. I was wondering if the small red irritated spots I am seeing is just from where the skin got so damaged from before that it is still tender and healing or is the yeast rash trying to come back?
Has anyone else experienced this, scars from a previous rash being tender and easily irritated?

Thanks for any input,
Rope

Post subject: Re: After the rash
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:22 am 

I've never had that persoally. If I get any type of redness or bumps I will treat it as a diaper rash accordingly and it will go away. I can say from when my daughter was in diapers and got a rash sometimes it would stick around for several weeks even or go away and come back. I think it sometimes had to do with humidity and sweat and wetness in the diaper. Sometimes it was the type of diaper or wipe we were using. Sometimes it might have been that the cream we were using wasn't that strong or that good. (we were broke and bought generic as much as possible.)

So, I suppose it could come back just not as bad as you are saying. If it were me I would treat it as if it were a diaper rash and if it persisted and didn't get better or kept coming back over a longer period of time I would check with my doctor.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

Post subject: Re: After the rash
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:29 pm 

Hi

Being newer to this than you I hope I am not going to offend you however I follow to the letter The New Diaper Primer Chapter 6: Hygiene And Diaper Rash and so far have not had any major problems.

http://www.incontinentsupport.org/chap6.php

Greenbank