www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:28 pm 

Question for the group, guys and gals... What region of your diaper area do you find MOST prone to rash? and is rash more painful there than others? Reason i ask is it seems that the only place i tend to get rash is on my testicles.. partiularly my left testicle.. why I don't know.. is htis area more sensitive than the rest of the male genetila? Between this bout of incon and the last i don't remember getting rash in other places NEARLY as often than on the testicles.. well, i do remember last time i had incon getting a rash on the tip.. and it was bad enough i got some nystatin... also, i hear that incon people mainly get rash on their buttocks..that hasnt happened to me..maybe because 90% time i have leakage im standing up? Shrugs.. anyway.. rash is really annoying me... This to me is the WORST part of incon... i ordered 2 packages of the restore brief..and ive been using balmex adult care..anyone try something that really works well for them? I'm already aware of butt paste.. if my rash doestn go away ill start using that...

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:02 pm 

The right side of the skin on my scrotum is always the first place to get rash, and the last place to heal. Cleanliness, including shaving, is more important in this summer heat than at any other time of year. I use Desitin, and air out as much as my schedule allows.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:32 pm 

I have tended to be a bit more prone to getting a rash under the fleshy part of each "cheek" where the elastics rub against my skin. Changing more frequently and adding a little powder, especially in this heat, has helped a huge amount.

... and I should add, it's been 106 here lately... miserable weather to be wearing a diaper in...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:57 pm 

CJ,

I haven't seen you post on here before.. even if youve been on this forum for months, let me, the Sociology Geek, bid you a warm welcome. My name is Rob, and as far as my story goes, i was dealing with incon for 2 years from 2008 to 2010..before finally becoming dry in late 2009/early 2010 thanks to biofeedback and pelvic relaxaiton therapy. Now, 4 years later, out of the blue, i have a reoccurance of wetting episodes ,with no real explanaiton other than my neurogenic bladder has decided to misbehave again :roll: So, im waiting on biofeedback to start Jul 14.. hopefully that gets me dry and out of diapers again! Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:20 pm 

Hi Sociologygeek,

Thanks for the welcome. I've been posting on-and-off for the past several months. I've felt a lot of support from this site and I've been working on being more open with my incontinence issues and this board was a great place to start. I saw that you were a returning member of the board who had previously managed to achieve dryness and an absence of diapers. I certainly wish you well on your goal and hope that you can get back there again. I would imagine it would be frustrating, aggravating, disappointing, infuriating, curse-word inducing and several other -ing words I can think of to have achieved continence after a long struggle only to lose it again. My thoughts are with you and I hope I can offer support for you, too, no matter what the outcome may be.

CJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:11 am 

point of clarification.. according to the urodynamic tests done by u of M.i DON't have neurgenic bladder, its just my current urologist thought i might..if i do have a neruological thing going on with the bladder, it might be due to a new cause something that happened recently, like excess alcohol consumption? Ok, this is one thing thats been on my mind....the afternoon before it started happening..i was drinking rather large volumes of Jagermister.. can heavy drinking cause neurolgical incon?