www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:56 am 

Thats right folks.. All you need is air to heal those really bad sores and rashes on your diaper area. I had this really sore spot right at the top of my butt crack and it hurt like hell whenever i got up out of my chair or moved slightly in my chair. It hurt despite putting stuff on it, rash cream, hydrocortoizone, and lamotrin all tried and didnt really produce an effect. last night i decided to sleep in my birthday suit to let it get air and give it a chance to heal. It no longer hurts at all when i get up. Yay! Praise God! Thank you Jesus, that was a literal pain in the a**!!! Life is really good now :)

Peace out!!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:25 pm 
Admin

This is not necessarily true. Some diaper rashes are caused by yeast and fungal infections like candida. Some diaper rashes are so severe that they may bleed or cause fevers and be very resistant to treatment. Rashes such as this require a doctors care and most often, a prescription medication like an anti-fungal or steroid cream. Maybe even a combination of the two. Perhaps even an oral antibiotic. Air doesn’t solve them all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:24 pm 

The Rutles (A Beatles take-off) taught us that "All you need is cash"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Vt4ejyosn4

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:13 pm 

I have one mild irritation point that has been slightly sore going on 7 years now. right groin area outside of where a diaper sits I think the actual diaper itself "cloth backed" just rubs that spot sore all the time. never to broken skin point but always sore. only way to stop it from getting worse is liberal application of calmoseptine on the spot daily. also if wearing Garywear the elastic sits about that spot as well. just had a thought. maybe I can put some of that liquid bandage stuff on there and see if that helps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:55 am 

Don wrote:
This is not necessarily true. Some diaper rashes are caused by yeast and fungal infections like candida. Some diaper rashes are so severe that they may bleed or cause fevers and be very resistant to treatment. Rashes such as this require a doctors care and most often, a prescription medication like an anti-fungal or steroid cream. Maybe even a combination of the two. Perhaps even an oral antibiotic. Air doesn’t solve them all.

Fair enough. I was speaking in general :)

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:46 am 

I like to hike in the desert where i live and found that if i wear a kilt and take off my diaper i get plenty of air and if i suddenly need to go i just lift the front of the kilt and relax.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:11 am 

sociologygeek wrote:
Thats right folks.. All you need is air to heal those really bad sores and rashes on your diaper area....

Ah yes:
Quote:
Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe
And to love you
All I need is the air that I breathe
Yes, to love you
All I need is the air that I breathe
(The Hollies)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:56 pm 

I guess my skin must be like leather; I rarely have the skin problems described above. I manage with frequent, vigorous washing, Desitin or another skin preparation, and cornstarch powder.