www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Accidents
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:00 am 

Oh man, I just really embarrassed myself. I was in the grocery store and it was time to change but the bathroom was very busy and I decided to not deal with changing in a stall and wait until I got home...big mistake. I felt myself rewetting the diaper and knew right away it wouldn't hold. I had a big accident even leaving a small puddle on the floor. I cried all the way home...I hate it when this happens.

Post subject: Re: Accidents
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:11 pm 

@Flagrl

Amongst those of us here, I think we've all been in your place.

And not just at one time, either.

We must seek our own ways to manage this, to learn from our mistakes and then to simply go from there.

Just wanted you to know, ok?

Maybe that's why this forum works well for many of us, even for those who do not post very often.

John

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:56 am 

flagrl1225 wrote:
Oh man, I just really embarrassed myself. I was in the grocery store and it was time to change but the bathroom was very busy and I decided to not deal with changing in a stall and wait until I got home...big mistake. I felt myself rewetting the diaper and knew right away it wouldn't hold. I had a big accident even leaving a small puddle on the floor. I cried all the way home...I hate it when this happens.

And the problem is?

Probably happened to all of us, although it might not just be a "wetting accident". Some of us have bowel control problems too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:23 am 

My incontinence is a continual leakage, so I've never had to worry about making a puddle, mostly just wet lines around the pant edge where the diaper is, but I hear you about the bowel accidents. It's been a few years since my Irritable Bowel was bad enough that I had a public accident, but I'm still very self conscious about it. It never happened often enough that I would use internal deodorants, so the smell was obvious to me, and I'm sure everyone around me, at once. It's one of those times you look for some hole to crawl into. Not everyone finds the situation comical however. Most people I think would feel enough concern to share your embarrassment. I try to remember that.