www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:50 pm 

Anybody know of a good brand that is sold in individually wrapped packets and quantities more than a very expensive couple of dozen a box?

I buy large refill bags for home use, but would like something lighter and more discreet, where I can just throw several at a time in a pocket or purse for use at work or otherwise out. Bowel issues and heavy periods can get messy.

I used to use a brand that was actually meant as a hand wipe but worked well as a body wipe too, except it came in plastic canisters. When I discovered they made individual packets, I bought two huge boxes, only to discover that those have a lot more alcohol than whatever was in the canister and are not usable other than on hands. The major flushable wipe brands seem to distribute only very tiny boxes of individual wipes that I'd easily go through in a week or so.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:59 pm 
Admin

Zenute,
I don't know of any individually wrapped wipes. I do have chronic diarrhea from my medications and bladder and bowel incontinence. I have to wear diapers 24/7. For wipes, I use Pampers thick care baby wipes. They are only like $2 a pack and they are concealable in a small bag, like a purse or handbag. There is like 40 in a pack and they last me a little while.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am 

Your best bet is to buy one of the travel-size wipes from Huggies or Pampers, which you can find in little hard plastic containers. Then buy bigger packs and refill the travel size for when you are away from home. I keep one of these in my supplies bag.

-D