www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 pm 

We have a friend that is an engineer for whatever the company is that makes depends. Was it proctor and Gamble?? Anyway he was saying they are looking into a way to put lace onto Pullups for women. So basically make them into rumba pants. I'll bet there is a certain group that will go nuts for that :roll: .............................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 11:20 pm 
Admin

:shock: :lol: :roll: That is Kimberly Clark for ya... like that will really enhance performance in their lacking product... I guess if it increases sales, then they is really what matters to them, but all their incon products need a major upgrade to be useable on a daily basis... not that I am about to wear Rumba pants any time soon! :oops: :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:52 am 

I guess we should not be surprised! After the popularity of the "underwear" class of disposable diapers took over the shelf space that used to have tape on diapers! Now the various makers of the pull ups are competing for attention by adding bells and whistles....starting with different pull ups for men and women and then adding color and designs. And now, Sandy, you say lace is on the drawing boards for Depends.

Wouldn't it be nice if they'd consider Puff's suggestion and actually improve the pull up so it gave us some leak protection?

But, as with tape on diapers, you have to go on line to get decent pull ups: Abena and Medline offer good pull ups at XP Medical. I find them perfect for the doctors visits and I feel they are more comfortable than a tape on Abena. Even tho cloth like backing isn't my favorite, there are no plastic backed pull ups and the Abena and Medline are really soft and comfy with no chaffing.

JoeK

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:35 pm 

I talked to him a year or so ago about what a worthless product their diapers are. He looked at me as if I was nuts :shock: He said that Depends is the number one selling adult incontinence product on the market today. Then he asked what is better I gave him a list :wink: I told him the reason in my opinion they are suposedly number one is because they advertised them like crazy on TV when no other company was back in the 80's To this day adult diapers no matter what brand they are are still reffered to as depends.
...................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:54 pm 

My dear wife recently picked me up a package of Depends for a travelling weekend. I don't use a great deal of disposables so she pretty much stuck with a brand she thought was a good one. Other than Tena, Depends is the only brand she had heard of. Not good for more than moderate incontinence. The tapes are not resealable and the plastic backing tears when you try to pull the tapes off. About the only thing good about them is that they still have a plastic backing. In any case I made it through the weekend without incident but it required using 2 Depends at a time for sleeping covered with plastic pants. I cut slits oin the plastic on the inner diaper. I do wish that Depends would rethink their disposables and come up with a good, reliable product. They are sold everywhere which is why they are the best selling. I guess since they have such a large portion of the disposable market that they see no need for improvements to their product. I've used store brands from Walgreens and other stores that work much better than Depends. Actually the Walgreens store brand disposables work OK. I do like the velcro type fasteners they use. All disposables tend to give me a rash after extended use of a couple days or so. I can wear them a little longer if I wear a pair of cotton briefs under the diaper but then I'm stuck having to tote wet underwear around until I get back home.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:22 am 

The new "Real Fit" Depend pull-ups are actually pretty comfortable. Not so scratchy like many of the pull-up style products out there. Unfortunately they didn't really improve the absorbency. So they are only good for short trips are around the house where I can quickly get to the bathroom or change after 1-2 voids.

-D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:15 pm 

I have a flaccid bladder with retention so my urologist has me using an indwelling catheter 24/7. I been using a Foley catheter now for two years and so far I am still alive and doing well.

But I still can have trouble with bowel problems which today is real slim that I do, it is 99% under control. I still wear a pull-up not for bladder it is so seldom the catheter leaks but for the small chance of bowel discharged.

I use Depends they are not very absorbent and if I have that rare leak around the catheter I can depend on the Depends to leek also. If one does get a leak around a catheter it is usually about as much as will fit in a small shot glass but here again the Depends well usually also leak.
Now for bowel problems I only need protection once and the Depends did hold it until I could get cleaned up.

So the summery of it the Depends in my respective are good for one thing they are good for $#!+
so they do have a use.

It doesn’t figure why an American can’t make a quality product like Molicare.

2lyle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:30 pm 
Admin

The new mission of Depend is to make their underwear less diaper like and more slim. The aim is to be less detectable under all forms of clothing. So with that in mind, I just don't see Depend making Rumba style pullups. It just doesn't fit. Maybe I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:33 am 

My wife just picked up another package of Depends pull up underwear and in the package there was one of their new pull up in the package.

Now I don’t use diapers or pads for wetting I have a Foley catheter for that but I do use the Depends just in case of a rare leak or even rarer bowel discharge. Considering I only got one in the package it is hard to report on it.
One of the things I can say using the old Depends they breathe and I don’t sweat in them, the new product seems to be even better and they do fit so much better and are more comfortable.

At my doctor’s appointment yesterday my doctor cemented on them she said they looked so much like normal underwear she had a hard time telling they were not.

For what I need them for I would have to give them thumbs up for comfort and they seem to hold up all day and they do look like regular underwear. The padding I believe is the same so I am guessing it won’t be any more absorbent for me that’s OK but for most they may not be any better.

2lyle