It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:07 am 

Hi all

I am thinking of getting Plastic pants for

1. Slipping issues as can only get clothed back diapers in Australia

2. In case of leaks

3. Smells in case of bowel issues when I am out

4. Supposed to rely on diapers as after I take my nightly medications incl Seroquel (anti Psychotic) I become a high fall risk and been advised not to leave the bed so if nature calls .

I am not too sure what type or size (before someone stated loose some weight I have metabolic Syndrome as well as my Bipolar medications make it difficult to loose weight even though eating Dietitian recommended diet as well as exercise and just been started on Metformin. Yes I am aware I need to loose 30ish kgs as 107kg and I am 173cms tall.

My Size in cm's (As I live in Australia)

W 119.5 cm
H 114.5 cm
Thighs 58.5 cm

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:12 pm 

To wear plastic pants over a disposable makes sense, but I will strongly recommend PUL, as they breathe a little more, and last much longer than the plastic ones.

I will also warn you about seroquel, as it is notorious to cause diabetes. See if there is another option medically.

Last edited by optimist on Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 1:24 pm 

I agree with Optimist and think PUL (PolyUrethane Laminate) is the way to go, they last much longer than the others and can be machine washed, and even dried on low heat. I find they are cooler than the other types and offer just a bit of breathability. If you want to really increase the breathability you could get side-snap PUL pants. I live in Florida and that's what I use in our hot and humid summers.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:42 pm 

Could someone link me so recommendations thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 5:39 pm 

Here's my favorite source for PUL pants: https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/PLASTI ... stic-Pants

The Gary Active Wear PUL pants have a trimmer more discreet fit than the LeakMaster's and work well for daytime wear when out. The LeakMaster's have a much more generous cut and extended coverage (especially at the upper rear) which is great for sleeping. Both brands are of equal high quality and I suspect they are made in the same factory with the same material, but to different specs.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:37 am 

I am wondering what size I would be thanks

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:27 am 

From the measurements you gave (W 47", H 45", Thigh 23") my best guess is size XL, but It would be best to check the size chart for each pant and compare your measurements. Just click on the item you are interested in, scroll down, and the size chart is at the bottom of the the page. For day wear I usually order one size up from what the chart indicates and two sizes up for nighttime wear. FYI... I feel the Gary's tend to run a bit on the small side and the LeakMasters tend to run a bit large.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:14 pm 

I have a 38 inch waist and wear L over disposables and an XL over cloth. Both combinations fit well, but snugly. PUL material does stretch a bit, but you would want to make sure it fits complete over your diaper particularly the back and back of legs. As it is I can even use a 2XL with cloth too.
Most important thing I find is to make sure the leg and waist elastics are not too tight(ouch) or leave gaps. At night larger sized pants tend to help keep the diaper from creeping out beyond the elastics.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:53 pm 

can't agree more PUL pants are the overall best for many reasons but comfort, durability, and performance are the main reasons, I personlly really love the Garywear Active briefs but the Leakmaster Pul products are also really good!

I wash mine in cold water in the washing machine and air dry! and I have a few pairs that are nearly 10 years old! heat can damage them like any "plastic pants" so make sure to avoid hot water and never ever use the dryer if you want them to last!

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/VCUBeUd

realworldincon@gmail.com
#realworldic on Facebook and Twitter

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:12 pm 

I’ll throw in another vote for pul pants. They have saved me so many times. I don’t like plastic as they tend to stick to my skin. My first pair of pul pants were leakmaster and they worked very well. This was about 5 years ago. I’ve since switched to garywear active and like them a lot.